Complaint Review: EZ OWN AUTO SOURCE

• Submitted: Tue, December 11, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: gpwest — Mesa Arizona United States of America
EZ OWN AUTO SOURCE
1723 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, Arizona 85257 Mesa, Arizona United States of America

EZ OWN AUTO SOURCE EZ Own Auto Total Scam-Rent to own RIPOFF Mesa, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: This customer was repossessed for nonpayment

After the company called ME several times, I finally decided to go in and check them out, since I
desperatly need a vehicle, primarily to look for work. They told me I could get into a used car for just
$300.  And they would work with me on a "down payment".  They listed a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am on their website for $203 bi-weekly ($406 per month).  The website also states 0% financing, with down payments from $500 and payments as low as $69.  And they are "conveniently" located INSIDE a Walmart store!  Since the car was in nice shape, I decided I would take it.  When I went to pick up the car I had to pay $226.  The "down payment" was then due two weeks later:   $500!.  Then, for some reason, they added $130.22 to the NEXT 5 PAYMENTS, making each payment $330.22!!!   Since I did need the car so bad I took it thinking I would be able to negociate the extra $130 as the payments got closer.  When I asked what it was for I was told it was "additional deposit".  Within 5 days of the third payment they disabled the car.  They did allow me two more days then they showed up a towed it away.  Without even a knock at my door so I could get my personal belongings out of it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 11:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZ-OWN-AUTO-SOURCE/Mesa-Arizona-85204/EZ-OWN-AUTO-SOURCE-EZ-Own-Auto-Total-Scam-Rent-to-own-RIPOFF-Mesa-Arizona-980849. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZ OWN AUTO SOURCE

This customer was repossessed for nonpayment

AUTHOR: EZ OWN Auto Source - (United States of America)

This customer got into a vehicle that had $1,551.12 due at signing, which is fully disclosed and detailed on the front page of his lease contract as required by law. What he could not pay at signing, we deferred into a payment schedule, which the customer signed off on. This scheduled amount was to be paid along with his regular bi-weekly lease payments. As a courtesy, we deferred his first biweekly payment. The customer did not make his payments that were due on Nov 16 or Nov 30. He was contacted on 11/27, 11/28, 11/29, 11/30 and 12/1 before we retrieved the vehicle on 12/3, when the customer was 17 days past due in the amount of $712.08. He was left two messages regarding the repossession, one on 11/30 and one on 12/1.

EZ OWN Auto Source does not report to credit bureaus even in the case of repossessions, so this customer will not see any kind of negative impact on his credit report from his experience with EZ OWN Auto Source.