Complaint Review: EZ Pass ,NJ

• Updated: Wed, December 16, 2009

• Reported By: Ripped off — Providence Rhode Island United States of America
EZ Pass ,NJ
Internet, New Jersey United States of America

EZ Pass ,NJ Out of State mailed violation. Never there. Wrong vehicle photo. Seeks fees & info. Internet, New Jersey

I just received a "Notice of Enforcement Action" from the State of New Jersey for failing to pay a $.50 toll on the Garden State Parkway "Plaza PVK" on a particular date and time. I have not been in NJ for years. The "administrative fee" due by Dec 26 is $25.00.  As proof that I ran an EZ Pass toll, the letter includes a photo of a vehicle with a Chevy logo clearly visible (I have a different brand of car) and a white plaque visible which has the number of my license plate but not the background logo of a real RI plate.

When you look at the options of claiming non-liability, none of the options allow for error, and all insist you pay the total $25.50 before they will consider your counter claim of (options) a sold, stolen, or surrendered license plate. I tried calling the phone number, and it too asked for my EZ Pass account number before it would go forward. I went to the EZPassNJ.com website, and couldn't get my violation # to go through. I have read the other reports on this site going back to 2007 about a scam or fraud using NJ EZ Pass for collecting $25 fees. I hope someone follows through and finds who is doing this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZ-Pass-NJ/Internet-New-Jersey-/EZ-Pass-NJ-Out-of-State-mailed-violation-Never-there-Wrong-vehicle-photo-Seeks-fees--540290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZ Pass ,NJ