• Report: #772089

6704 Ritchie HWY Glen Burnie, Maryland United States of America

EZ Storage Theft, Harassment, Condescending Glen Burnie, Maryland

*Author of original report: Don't Assume

*Consumer Suggestion: Wait....

I rented a truck to move our of an old house last week with Irene on the way, but my area was not hit that bad, Sunday Evening and Monday Morning I tried to get into my storage unit,  but it said power was out.

Monday Night I got in through the gate and the as I parked a woman started yelling at me and screaming. Two large men that I guess were trying to scare me with their tattoos and peircings came up behind her. She said she was the manager and they were closed for no power...but the lights were on. Had my brother and his friend not been there, I fear the men were has tried to do something, even though there were small children present on their behalf, because of their manner. I said I would get my stuff and leave and would not stay in a place I did not feel safe and felt that my stuff would be in danger.

I called the district manager who said I could get in and when I explained what happen he basically called me a liar and said he has known her for years and she would never do that, basically they were friends.

I been leaving complains with corporate since Monday, but no one would call me back.

Finally someone was there today, but when I went to move out, they refuse to let me back, demanding I pay September's rent or my stuff gets sold, even had the nerve to call the cops. I was force to pay or lose my stuff. I will be hiring a lawyer and suing for making me pay, having to keep the truck longer, and harassment. I feel they wait to the 1st to force people who were trying to leave to pay.

BEWARE. I was informed by other people they also been trying to get in all week and could not and all of them were people who were trying to leave and were force to pay. The woman and one of the gentleman who was with her had been rude to customers and nasty, but the district manager is not doing anything, because he is their friend.

DO NOT RENT FROM THERE, AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE. (((competitor's name redacted))) is on crain hwy and they are must nicer and cheaper!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZ-Storage/Glen-Burnie-Maryland-21061/EZ-Storage-Theft-Harassment-Condescending-Glen-Burnie-Maryland-772089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZ Storage

Don't Assume

AUTHOR: Gailerina - (USA)

See it is rude to assume things, I have actually had the unit for a few months and did not get the whole 1 month for a dollar thing and I had no plans to leave EZ Storage until the manager harassed me and tried to have her friends scared me and the GM called me a liar without talking to her and going back on saying I was able to go in.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Wait....

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

So.... you were trying to abuse the $1 first-month special to rent a unit for a weekend?  And you are upset that they didn't like you doing that?