Complaint Review: EZlaptop.comh

• Reported By:folkestone kent Europe
EZlaptop.comh
Usa Internet U.S.A.

EZlaptop.com ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: The FAQ didnt say "or if the site is terminated"

*Consumer Suggestion: Ever here of eBooks?

As with others I got my 210 credits and tracking number they even had the cheek to ask me to registar and pay again glad I did not as site has vanished. If any one chasing this company please let me know

Gerard
kent
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2005 06:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EZlaptopcomh/internet/EZlaptopcom-ripoff-Internet-148030. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EZlaptop.comh

The FAQ didnt say "or if the site is terminated"

AUTHOR: Erin - (U.S.A.)

The ezlaptop FAQ never states that once you pay the membership fee the account is good only until the site is terminated. It says per "Karlton":

Q: Once I pay the membership fee, how long is my account good for?

A: Your account is active until you withdraw your credits for the laptop. Once you have earned your laptop, you are required to pay the fee again if you wish to keep your account active. It's optional to pay the fee again.

Therefore, all of the people (including myself) that have paid to get the eBooks and to get points towards a laptop that they never got should get a refund since, the FAQ does not state anything about involuntary termination of a membership!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Ever here of eBooks?

AUTHOR: Karlton - (U.S.A.)

You paid $5.00 for ebooks not $5.00 for a laptop.

The net is going off about this, however if you did not download your ebooks that you bought that is all you are out.

First on the EZLaptop FAQ
Here are some FAQs from the website:

Q: Why am I not receiving the newsletters?

A: Our newsletters are now sent to your EZLaptop inbox. You can view your inbox after logging into the Member's area with your login details. Each time a newsletter is sent to your EZLaptop inbox, we'll send you an e-mail notifying you. This way you do not have to keep logging in every day to check for new newsletters. Our newsletters are typically sent out every week so please be patient and you'll begin to receive them shortly.

Q: What am I purchasing from EZLaptop.com?

A: You are purchasing our eBooks. They will give you information on various things such as how to sell on eBay, fix debt, how to find products cheap online, and more! The eBooks are for both PC and Mac users. Along with this purchase, you receive a free EZLaptop laptop account so you can read our newsletters and earn credits towards a brand new laptop!

Q: Are there any other fees that I'll have to pay?

A: There are no other fees besides the one time membership fee.

Q: How many credits are required to earn the laptop?

A: The number of credits to earn the laptop is 210. For every e-mail you receive and every referral you bring to the site, you'll earn whole credits! You'll be on your way to earning your laptop in no time!

Q: How do I withdraw my credits for the laptop?

A: Once you have your account, you are able to withdraw your credits at any time from the members area. Your account must have enough credits to complete the order. If you do not have enough credits, the order will not complete.

Q: Once I receive the laptop, will I get to keep it?

A: Yes, once you receive the laptop in the mail, it's yours to keep.

Q: Will the laptop be brand new?

A: Yes, the laptop will be brand new along with a manufactures warranty for 1 year.

Q: Once I pay the membership fee, how long is my account good for?

Q: Who can join the program, and how is payment made?

A: Everyone that is over the age of 18 is eligible to join the program as many times as they wish. Payment is made via credit/debit card through one of our secure payment processors.

Q: How often are the e-mails sent out?

A: Our e-mails are sent out quite often. Just about every week we have ads going out to all our members! However, ads are not always guaranteed.

Q: Who are the newsletters sent from?

A: The newsletters are sent from us. You'll recognize our e-mails because the subject line will say EZLaptop. You'll never receive spam messages from us because your information is NEVER sold or given out. We respect our customers privacy.

Q: Is shipping free no matter where I live?

A: As always, shipping is free!

Q: Are refunds available?

A: We're sorry, but due to the fact that were selling virtual items and accounts are activated immediately after payment, no refunds are provided.