Complaint Review: Eagle Creek

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: BLEZ — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Eagle Creek
5935 Darwin Court Carlsbad, California United States of America

Eagle Creek Warranty basically bogus due to company requirements Carlsbad, California

On a recent trip I used my Eagle Creek "Pack It" to pack shirts, as I have done for years.  On arrival at my destination I found that the material at the bottom of the "Pack It" had deteriorated since I had used it last, and had ruined one of my  shirts.  I had to replace the shirt.  Because of that, and because Eagle Creek has a lifetime guarantee on the "Pack It", I called Eagle Creek to seek a replacement.  Eagle Creek is one of those companies that makes it as difficult as possible for a customer to utilize their warranty. Obstacles are erected, and hoops must be jumped through (e.g. difficulties in finding the correct number to call, unreasonable conditions for product replacements, etc.),  because they know that most customers will eventually just give up.  The "Pack It" is about a $25 item.  They insisted that I send the defective one back to them at my expense, and IF they deemed it defective, I might receive a replacement in about three weeks.  Needless to say, I will never buy another Eagle Creek product.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eagle-Creek/Carlsbad-California-92008/Eagle-Creek-Warranty-basically-bogus-due-to-company-requirements-Carlsbad-California-957173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eagle Creek