Complaint Review: Eagle Prime Cuts

Eagle Prime Cuts
tullahoma Tullahoma, Tennessee United States of America

Eagle Prime Cuts High pressure sales and deception Tullahoma, Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: BUY LAW

*Consumer Comment: The owner of this company must have harasssed the Author of this Report! No 12 year old wrote this report.

*Author of original report: This report was written by a 12 year old

*Author of original report: Owner made Good

*Consumer Comment: It worked

*Consumer Comment: Couple of things.

High pressured door to door sales. This company sells boxes of frozen meat. They talk very fast and I was afraid they would not leave unless I wrote a check. I was told by the salesperson that a box contained 32lbs. After the salesman left I added up the weights of the individual boxes inside the box and it was only 20lbs. I put the whole box on the scales and it was only 20lbs. On the receipt it says 1 box of 32. I tried to call the number on the receipt and got a recording that it was a nonworking number. If they rebut this with this is not our company I can tell you this is the Eagle Prime Cuts company in Tullahoma, Tn. That's who they said they were and that's who I made the check to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2012 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eagle-Prime-Cuts/Tullahoma-Tennessee-/Eagle-Prime-Cuts-High-pressure-sales-and-deception-Tullahoma-Tennessee-891104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eagle Prime Cuts

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

BUY LAW

AUTHOR: Owner - (United States of America)

You didnt get anything special Eagles has a three day buyers right to cancel. AND you called weeks later and still got took care of. why cry? and say that you were a 12 year old really. THE OWNER JAMIE EAGLE

AUTHOR: ruthbabe - (United States of America)

No 12 year old wrote this report.

I only feel a little sorry for the author.

How stupid do you think consumers are?

I am an avid reader of ripoffreport.com. When I saw this report, and then read how the author filed additional comments on how the business fixed everything with the author. Why are you claiming a 12 year old wrote this complaint?

The owner should know by forcing you to find a way to have this complaint removed was a big mistake. I have seen other people make the same claim where the author of a report will make a claim that since the Report was written by a minor this website should remove the claims made.  I am sure Ripoff Report will not fall for your nonsense. You would have been better off leaving things as they were.

If I were a consumer, I would never do business with this company for pulling what they did.

This report was written by a 12 year old

AUTHOR: victim - (United States of America)

This report was written by my 12 year old. I am trying to have it removed. Unfortunatly Ripoff report has no way of knowing the age of people using their site. It is my belief that a 12 year old cannot post.

Owner made Good

AUTHOR: victim - (United States of America)

I wrote the original report. After the owner sent me a letter about the stop payment check, I was able to have his right phone number and call him. He was sorry about the misunderstanding and came and picked up his product. I need to stop giving in to high pressure sales and start saying no from the start. The owner was very nice about it when he came and picked it up. The steaks did look very good I just don't normally buy that much meat.

It worked

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

This is the scariest line in your report "They talk very fast and I was afraid they would not leave unless I wrote a check."

Apparently that technique works with you, it would only piss me off and I'd send them off.

One of the most effective procedures for you to use is to just keep saying 'no'.  Do not argue or discuss anything with them, they are trained in 'handling objections' and will have answers for anything you come up with.  If they don't take no for an answer, tell them to leave, turn your back and walk away, if they still don't stop, call the police immediately.

Why in the world would anyone even consider buying meat off the back of a truck?  That seems incredible to me.

Couple of things.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"  This company sells boxes of frozen meat.  "

I still cannot fathom why anyone would think it was a good idea to buy meat from a stranger off the back of a truck.

"  They talk very fast and I was afraid they would not leave unless I wrote a check.  "

You need to be a little more assertive.  Ask them to leave nicely and if they refuse, nicely inform them that your are calling the police to report their trespassing.    They will disappear in a heartbeat.  Mostly because few, if any, of these door to door sales types bother to get the proper licenses to sell door to door.