Complaint Review: Eagle Warranty Co

• Updated: Sat, April 17, 2010

• Reported By: Dee — Muskegon Michigan USA
Eagle Warranty Co
940 Scranton-Carbondale HWY Internet United States of America

Eagle Warranty Co The Eagle Warranty Corporation Sold me and extended 4 yr Warranty then Vanished I have had it for 2 Yrs only and then was Bilked me for the Rest with NO COVERAGE!!! Internet

Upon purchasing my 2004 Ford Escape 2 yrs ago their are only 2 times that I have tried to use my extended warranty which I am still paying for, for the next 2 yrs because it was incorporated in my auto loan.

I attempted to use it when my airconditioning unit was failing and contacted them several times they told me that they deal with Firestone.  So I found one located near me, and dropped the car off and gave them copies of my ext. Warranty telling them they would have to call before touching my car to get an Authorization number they said they were familiar with Eagle and said they would handle it.

Well to my surprise they started the work and completed it then called to get the number and of course they told them they are not responsible since they did not call before hand. OK I was out over 900.00..I wanted to cancel the ext. warranty at that time but you cant if you read the fine print.

The second incident was just 3 days ago, my check engine light came on so I thought I would take it to the Ford Dealership and have them run a diagnostics on it to find out what the problem was when they called to get the Authorization Number to look at my car the Phone number had been disconnected.

The dealership called me and said they could not reach Eagle and I may want to look into it further before doing the Diagnostics.  So I picked up my car 10 min after dropping it off.  Sure enough the Extended Warranty I have I am stuck paying for because they filed bankruptcy and I have no coverage.  I feel violated and will not trust giving 3,000.00 out to anyone for such a scam..What can a trusting sole do to re-coop her losses?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2010 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eagle-Warranty-Co/internet/Eagle-Warranty-Co-The-Eagle-Warranty-Corporation-Sold-me-and-extended-4-yr-Warranty-then-V-594234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eagle Warranty Co