Complaint Review: Earnhardt Toyota/Scion

• Submitted: Sun, February 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 27, 2010

• Reported By:Gold Canyon Arizona
Earnhardt Toyota/Scion
6136 E. Auto Loop Ave Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

Earnhardt Toyota/Scion overcharged for repair work they didn't even do and tried to even charge more. BBB sides with them Mesa Arizona

*Consumer Comment: ***BREAKING NEWS!!! TOYOTA SUSPENDS SALES OF 8 MODELS...

*Consumer Comment: Earnhardt Toyota of Mesa Az

*Consumer Comment: WILSON, MAKE SURE THAT YOU...........

*Consumer Comment: Wilson, Did you get it in 'writing' that.........

*Consumer Comment: URGENT ALERT for Jack: A MECHANIC told me that.......

*Consumer Comment: Always get written estimates befoe authorizing car work

I recently took my 97 Toyota RAV4 to Earnhardt Toyota/SCION to have it serviced to pass the Arizona state emissions so I could get the truck registered. The Toyota service rep told me over the phone it would be no problem and the cost would not exceed $1000.00. It took this dealer over a week to finally call me and tell me my truck was ready to pick up and would pass emissions.

When I picked the truck up and went to pay the bill it was $1348.00. I was shocked since they had told me it would not exceed $1000.00 and had to borrow the rest of the money just to get my truck back. They could not explain why it was over the amount they had quoted but assured me it would pass emissions as long as I drove it for a few days first. Frustrated especially since my tags were expired and I could no longer get another temporary tag for the truck I drove it for the two days and then took it to emissions.

The truck failed the emissions test and was running poorly. I called the Toyota dealer and told them what happened and they apologized and told me to bring the truck back and they would take care of it. I did the next day and it took them another week before they finally called me back just to tell me that something else broke when I drove the truck to emissions and they would need another $350.00 to fix it. I was shocked and told them I never heard of such a thing and wanted them to repair my truck as they promised me the first time and I wasn't giving them any more money. They refused to do anything to correct the problem and when I made a report with the BBB the BBB sided with Toyota claiming they made me a fair offer.

Now after spending nearly $1400.00 to have my truck repaired I cannot pass the state emissions test and had to get a waiver just to get my registration and cannot even drive my truck because of the way it runs and burns up gas. I have no vehicle to drive and the BBB claims I was given a fair offer, which is unbelievable to me. It will take me some time to recover the losses from this and I am not real sure what to do at this point.
Beware of the business practices of this dealership. When I went to pick up my truck the service rep told me that it was too bad since he was enjoying driving my truck to and from work everyday

Jack
Gold Canyon, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2009 02:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earnhardt-ToyotaScion/Mesa-Arizona-85206/Earnhardt-ToyotaScion-overcharged-for-repair-work-they-didnt-even-do-and-tried-to-even-c-427064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earnhardt Toyota/Scion

***BREAKING NEWS!!! TOYOTA SUSPENDS SALES OF 8 MODELS...

can be 'Googled'.

*Anyone can 'Google' this- TOYOTA SUSPENDS SALES OF 8 MODELS, and read the related articles on the web!

******************************POEM ALERT*********************************

"MASSACHUSETTS ERECTION POEM" is available at the 'Bank of America' page of this site.

If you 'Google' this- STEAK DINNER POEM, it should take you to where- "MASSACHUSETTS ERECTION POEM" is posted.

Thank You.

Earnhardt Toyota of Mesa Az

AUTHOR: Backwoods5 - (United States of America)

Beware of service department.   I had my air conditioner serviced (no air) during my vacation past year.   Next day went  back again with air-conditioner issues.  After a through check, they stated the evaporator needed replacing, leak was located.  Estimate was for over $2000.   I almost had it done, but we were leaving with-in a couple of  weeks back to our home state.   We also were contemplating  a newer vehicle vice repair etc.
Long story short,  upon arrival home I decided to take it in for a second opinion,  $450 and my air was working,  it was a metal line and very obvious to the repair shop.

Little doubt they were about to rip me off.  Plus, they also charged me about double of what the manual states for servicing the unit.

WILSON, MAKE SURE THAT YOU...........

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

GET IT IN 'WRITING' from Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley that they aren't going to MANIPULATE THE PRICE OF OIL anymore, O.K.?

This way, you won't have to worry about gasoline going back up over $4 a gallon like it did last summer, O.K.?

I'm sure that the CEO of Goldman Sachs, & the CEO of Morgan Stanley, will put it in WRITING because they are both PUBLICLY HELD Companies, right?

You can 'Google' this- DID SPECULATION FUEL OIL PRICE SWINGS, and watch the 60 Minutes segment that aired in January of this year. I believe it was around January 12th.

GOOD LUCK GETTING IT IN WRITING!!!

Make sure to 'Google' this- AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM, and watch that documentary on the web for free! You can then contact the appropriate parties to get all that was presented in WRITING, alright?

It's always best to get EVERYTHING in WRITING, isn't it?

Wilson, Did you get it in 'writing' that.........

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

the $787 BILLION 'stimulus' package that was recently passed is going to work, & be successful? It IS taxpayer's money, correct?

Did you get it in 'writing' that the $700 BILLION TARP (Troubled Asset Relief Plan) was going to work, and do what it was intended? It WAS taxpayer's money, right?

Does everyone in the USA need to get things in writing? Are we a Nation that can't trust anyone?

When you buy groceries at the Grocery Store, do you have them put it in writing that there really is 'cereal' in the box, and not saw-dust? Do you have them put it in writing that there really is 'tuna' in that can labeled- TUNA? If you don't get it in writing from the ones who sold it to you & the can contains Peanut Butter instead, what should you do?

Should you be upset with the Grocery Store, or the manufacturer of that can labeled- TUNA?

Should we get it in writing that all the gasoline pumps in the USA are accurate, and not purposely 'rigged' to fool us?

Should we get it in writing that every employee at a Toyota dealership, including the management, is NOT on any kind of ILLEGAL DRUG, and has NO illegal drug in his or her system when we go there to buy, or service our car?

When we enter a bus, should we get it in writing that the bus-driver has a valid driver's license?

Should we get it in writing that OIL is no longer being MANIPULATED as it was back in the summer of 2008 when gasoline was over $4 a gallon? You can 'Google' this- GOVERNMENT UNCOVERS OIL PRICE MANIPULATION, and read the CNNMoney.com article about it. Or, you may have already watched the 60 Minutes segment a few months ago where Goldman Sachs & Morgan Stanley were EXPOSED for MANIPULATING oil!

Please inform all the people in the USA what we are supposed to get in writing since we shouldn't trust what we're told, O.K.?

Thank you.

WELCOME TO AMERICA- IN FRAUD WE TRUST!

URGENT ALERT for Jack: A MECHANIC told me that.......

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

one way to get a vehicle to pass emissions is to purchase a can of a high-grade fuel injection cleaner, & add it to a full tank of premium gasoline in your vehicle. I believe there's one called- '44K', or something like that.

After you do this, he said to take your vehicle on a highway and run it for at least 30 minutes at the highest speed allowed. Preferably 65 MPH+.

He said that this will heat-up the engine, and will make your chances of PASSING the emissions test much better, but you MUST drive your vehicle directly to the Emissions Testing Facility immediately after you've driven the vehicle for the 30 minutes or more! He said that a COLD engine has less of a chance of PASSING the emissions test!!!!

He also said that you do not want to go into the testing facility when it is busy because your engine will cool down, and it'll negate what you just did- HEAT IT UP!!!

He said it doesn't always work, but for older vehicles it's always the best thing to do prior to going into the Emissions Testing Facility.

You might want to have your Toyota checked for ENGINE SLUDGE! There's a chance that your RAV-4 is infected with SLUDGE!!!!

'Google' this- ENGINE SLUDGE, and go to the consumeraffairs website about Toyota Engine Problems and read all the complaints. There are RAV-4's mentioned in those complaints!!

GOOD LUCK!

Always get written estimates befoe authorizing car work

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

A verbal statement from repair shop/car dealer is one thing but a written estimate of repairs is something which you can use in small claims court. Never have any work done on your car without a written estimate. I always get written estimates before I get oil changes, preventive or corrective maintenance.

You wrote: