Complaint Review: EarthLink

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: swn — New York United States of America
1375 Peachtree Street Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

EarthLink the worst telecommunications company in the US! Atlanta, Georgia

This company is the most unprofessional and uncaring company I have ever dealt with.
In December 2012 their system charged my credit card twice for the same bill.  When I called them about it they refused to do anything since "your next bill will be coming out in a few weeks"!
So I called my credit card company and disputed the double billing.  They gave me a temporary credit but recharged back to the card at the end of January 2012.
Earthlink terminated my service without prior notification this morrning at 5:20 am and sent me two emails at that time that I had requested closing the account (not true).  So they terminate the service without any explanation or advanced notice!  My brother lives with me and is disabled has a pacemake/defibulator implant that is monitored by Medtronics and his Cardiologist 24/7 that is no longer possible since they terminated the service.  They forced me to make a payment of the disputed amount and then told me that it would be up to 48 hours before I would have phone service again.
What a company - and their rude outsourced brain dead support is terrible.

Do not do business with this company unless you want headaches!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EarthLink/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/EarthLink-the-worst-telecommunications-company-in-the-US-Atlanta-Georgia-1014378. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EarthLink