Complaint Review: EarthLink

• Submitted: Mon, November 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, November 19, 2007

• Reported By:Inglewood California
www.earthlink.net Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

EarthLink EarthLink Refuses to Cancel Service Atlanta Georgia

In June 2007, I took over management of my father's affairs. He has been moved from his home to an assisted living facility. He has no computer and is not in need of DSL. In July of 2007 I contacted EarthLink with a request to cancel my father's account and to update the billing address to my address. I faxed over the Power of Attorney document so they would see the proof that I am authorized to act on my father's behalf.

EarthLink has not updated the billing address on my father's account. The service was (eventually) canceled, but that was due to non-payment. The account they were using to bill my father has been closed. I am not sending a check for a service that should have been canceled with my initial request.

Since my phone call in July 2007 I have sent two follow-up letters. EarthLink continues to try and collect money from my father, Vincent Benson, for service that I requested be canceled. They are still sending the bills to the old address, which means they are completely ignoring my letters; they have not updated the address.

Disgusted daughter
Inglewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2007 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EarthLink/Atlanta-Georgia/EarthLink-EarthLink-Refuses-to-Cancel-Service-Atlanta-Georgia-285494. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EarthLink