- Report: #872629
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: EarthLink
EarthLink1375 Peachtree Street Internet United States of America
EarthLink Cancellation Fee - Internet, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A few weeks later, I received a bill for 14.95 because my trial period was over.
I phoned the customer service number and explained that I had cancelled my service already and I was not going to pay $14.95 for service I am not using.
I was informed that not only did I have to pay the $14.95, but I also have to pay another $14.95 for a cancellation fee.
I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told the same. I asked to speak with his supervisor and he said there are no more supervisors above him. He gave me a fax number (404) 287-1036 and said to fax my compaint to that number.
I am upset for 2 reasons.
1) I cancelled service with the chat feature on their website.
2) When I signed up on the phone, there was never any mention of a early cancellation fee.
I don't mind paying for service if I forgot to cancel after the free trial, but I am certainly not going to pay for a early termination fee!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2012 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EarthLink/internet/EarthLink-Cancellation-Fee-Internet-Internet-872629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.