Complaint Review: Earthlink Internet Provider

• Submitted: Wed, July 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 09, 2008

• Reported By:Ocala Florida
Earthlink Internet Provider
P O Box 7645 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Earthlink In mid May 2008, I inquired with earthlink in regards to their e-mail service only. I had just cancelled my internet account with them since I purchased a pc ubs aircard. The first week of June I receive a bill for $9.95. I called and tried to explain to their rep that I did not order the account, only inquired about it. Please cancel. Atlanta Georgia

Upon trying to cancel my account, I spoke with three different reps over 45 minutes. They all tried to get me to purchase additional items and didn't wish to even discuss cancelling the account. Finallyt the last person stated that they could not close an account with a balance due. I then wrote to their address in Atlanta on June 3rd. OnJune 30th I received another bill for $52.65 which included numerous $1.00 charges for stupid things, a late fee and another months charge. I then sent another letter to their address in Atlanta and also to their billing center in Carol Stream, Illinois with copies of the first letter. I am still waiting for a reply, and also if they put anything on my credit report.

Richwod
Ocala, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2008 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink-Internet-Provider/Atlanta-Georgia-30357/Earthlink-In-mid-May-2008-I-inquired-with-earthlink-in-regards-to-their-e-mail-service-on-349262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink Internet Provider