Complaint Review: Earthlink Internet Service

• Submitted: Mon, May 21, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, May 21, 2007

• Reported By:Rolling Hills Estates California
Earthlink Internet Service
1375 Peach Tree Street, Level A, Atlanta, Georgia 30309 Nationwide U.S.A.

Earthlink Internet Service Contacted in Jan to cancel account. Has been charging me since ripoff Atlanta, Georgia

Since Oct. 2006, I was experiencing problems with my internet service (dial up). I decided to upgrade for DSL In Nove. 2006. I had trouble with it from day one.

I contacted Earthlink several times re. this problem, but it was never solved. I finally contacted them in Jan. to cancel account. After 5 hours on the phone, their only answer was to go and buy new filters (which I had already done once before). I finally got discusted and hung up and emailed them to cancel my account.

I have been charged every month since Jan. and I spent over an hour on the phone today. They tell my that, not only they will not refund my money for the 5 months, but they will charge my $115 for early cancellation. Everyone I talked to had the same line when I asked to speak to a supervisor. They said they were the highest person I could talk to. I finally got the address of the corp. office. The last thing I was told was that I had to contact their corp offices regarding the money I was charged.

I have trying to find out an email address for Earthlink's corporate office, but have not been successful.

Kathleen
Rolling Hills Estates, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2007 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink-Internet-Service/nationwide/Earthlink-Internet-Service-Contacted-in-Jan-to-cancel-account-Has-been-charging-me-since-249515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink Internet Service