Complaint Review: Earthlink

• Submitted: Thu, July 03, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 03, 2008

• Reported By:Oakland California
Earthlink
www.earthlink.net ATlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Earthlink Fraud poor service and dreadful customer service ATlanta Georgia

I was an earthlink customer for seven years. This year, my DSL service went down and remained down for three weeks. I spent countless hours on the telephone, but customer and technical service were useless. I was ultimately told that I needed a new modem, which I had to pay for -- this after three weeks of no service. I also was told that I needed to sign up for another year. Well - after the bad service, that was out of the question.

Along the way, I repeatedly requested to contact a US representative, but no dice there.

Finally, in desperation, I cancelled my service. Then, I was billed $89.90 in an "early termination fee." I contact Earthlink and inquired about the fee. I was informed that I had "renewed" my contract for one year in April, and therefore they were charging an early termination fee.

I did not renew my contract in April, but had been a customer for seven years. I told the representative that this was fraudulent, and that I would file a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission. He promised to refund the fee. I have filed a complaint with the PUC anyway.

Class action, anyone?

Kllalawr
Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2008 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink/ATlanta-Georgia/Earthlink-Fraud-poor-service-and-dreadful-customer-service-ATlanta-Georgia-347235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink