Complaint Review: Earthlink

• Submitted: Sat, March 21, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Edgewood New Mexico
Earthlink
www.earthlink.net Edgewood, New Mexico U.S.A.

Earthlink, Never had Earthlink service and they took money out of my bank account!!!! Edgewood New Mexico

I attempted to sign up with Earthlink DSL service in January 2009. I was told that since I had a certain local phone provider, they could not provide DSL service for me and an account would NOT be opened. In the past two weeks, my cell phone has begun ringing with recorded message from Earthlink billing department. I called them back and was transfered to fraud department and was told I had no account with the company.

Today, I came home and pulled up my bank statement online and $65.19 was taken out this morning by Earthlink. I called to find out why and was told a supervisor would call me back in 48 hours. I explained this was unacceptable and a supervisor is always available and demanded to speak to one NOW. After arguing with this woman for 30 minutes, a supervisor suddenly appeared and was available to talk to me.

I was initially told only $21.95 of my money would be refunded since the remaining $40.00 was for shipping and handling. Shipping of what? I do not have Earthlink service!!! Then, he gave me a different figure he could refund since I did have service for the past 3 months. Again, I DO NOT have and have NEVER had their service.

After several failed attempts from this supervisor to barter my own stolen money, he agreed to refund the full amount back to me. He provided me with a "referance number" for the refund and was told it was going to take 7-10 business days. Needless to say, I AM NOT holding my breath. I already called my bank to report an illegal transaction.

Jana
Edgewood, New Mexico

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2009 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink/Edgewood-New-Mexico-87015/Earthlink-Never-had-Earthlink-service-and-they-took-money-out-of-my-bank-account-Edge-436300. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink