Complaint Review: Earthlink

• Submitted: Tue, June 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2012

• Reported By: PBKingman — Brighton Massachusetts United States of America

Earthlink Earthlink refuses to send promised rebate on router that I bought from them upon upgrading service. Internet, Internet

Four months ago I upgraded my Earthlink service from just regular DSL to DSL with Home Networking.  Part of the deal was that I would buy a router from the ISP and they would give me a rebate.  A few weeks after making the order and witht the router not arriving I contacted Earthlink via their Chat service.  They told me that I had never made the order.  So I ordered the router again.  Meanwhile, according to my credit card statement, I could see that Earthink was already charging me for the service that I could not use because they had not sent me the equipment that I needed to use the servive.  The router finall arrived.  Earthlink had advertised online when I made the original order, and still now 4 months later, that one could get a full rebate on the router.  Something like $79.95.  I sent in all the required paper work for the rebate.  Then I got a notice saying that my equipment did not qualify for a rebate and to sign this form and send it back.  I did so.  Then I got on Chat service and they told me that thet were straightening the problem out and I would get the rebate.  No rebate came.  I got another form saying that the equipment did not qualify.  I got on Chat again and they asked that I fill out the application "one more time" and send it in.  I did.  No rebate came.  I just got off the phone with somebody in India, I think, who assures me that my rebate will be coming in about 6 weeks.  I doubt that this will happen.

It is now June 2012.  I have been wasting my time on this since February.  Not a good company but it is a pain to change ISPs.  They will keep charging you on your credit card soemtimes until you get credit card company to shut them off.  ISPs are notorious for this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2012 11:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlink/internet/Earthlink-Earthlink-refuses-to-send-promised-rebate-on-router-that-I-bought-from-them-upo-896404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink