Complaint Review: Earthlink/Peoplepc

• Submitted: Tue, June 12, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, June 12, 2007

• Reported By:Grand Prairie Texas
Earthlink/Peoplepc
110 E Old Settlers Blvd Round Rock, Texas U.S.A.

Earthlink/Peoplepc First called me and lied to me then Unauthorized debit from account Round Rock Texas

Recieved phone call,person said because I was a good customer of people pc (earthlink owns )so,
I am being offered a special deal(1rst lie) on DSL from earthlink for just 12.95 per month and there would be no charge for the required dsl modem.

About four days laterJune 6th , the modem arrives,with instructions to call a number 888 327 8454 to activate the account.I call , and ask the person "how much is this going to cost me total?" and he said $12.95 so I asked him is he sure thats all and includes everything? and he said yes $12.95(2nd Lie) so I went ahead with that understanding, and installed the modem. He told me it would be june 7 before the service was active.

So on the 7th In the evening I started to set it up. on the 8th and 9th.There was no debit on my account untill the 10th, thats when I saw it was 34.14 instead of 12.95 So I called the bank ($9.00 charge for this)and disputed the debit.Then,I immediately called earthlink, and tried to resolve the error, but to no avail. so I cancelled the account.And was threatened to be charged 149.00 early termination fee!I never authorized withdrawal from my account of any more than $'12.95!My account is now -$3.14 in the red . so I will be charged NSF fee by the bank and perhaps by the grocery store I went to just before I found out about it.Thats over $50.00 plus the cost to ship the modem back to earthlink,plus the cost of the original unauthorized debit!!!Damnit, That ain't right.

I didn't call them and ask for this trouble they called me and lied to me..!!!More than once!!And now I'm gonna be out near $100.00 because of it?Damn. And I am unemployed..!! Damn!!!This ain't right!
EARTHLINK
110 E Old Settlers Blvd
Round Rock, TX 78664
6-09-2007

Robert
Grand Prairie, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2007 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EarthlinkPeoplepc/Round-Rock-Texas-78664/EarthlinkPeoplepc-First-called-me-and-lied-to-me-then-Unauthorized-debit-from-account-Ro-253948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink/Peoplepc