Complaint Review: Earthlink.com

• Submitted: Sat, February 11, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, February 11, 2006

• Reported By:Graham North Carolina
1375 Peachtree St. Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Earthlink.com - Where is the Class Action Lawsuit for their Fruadulent Business Practices? Atlanta Georgia

Earthlink fraudulently mis-represented themselves as a carrier in my area for DSL. I signed up, gave them my checking account information to have the direct draft taken out every month, went to use the service only to find out they don't have service in my area after all. So naturally, I called to cancel, several times, but funny thing, they have no record of me calling and cancelling and they cont to bill me and take money from my checking account. Earthlink will not cancel without charging me a fee of $149 for early cancelation even though I AM NOT USING THE SERVICE. And again, they continue to take monies out of my checking account and deny any earlier conversations of cancelling the draft fees.

AOL.com just had a class action lawsuit and had to pay thier customers back monies they took fraudulently. These big companies think they can take advantage of the little person, but togther people can fight for what is right and correct. Customer service has won out to just get the dollar at any cost. And look at the cost to people for Enron, World-Com, Sprint and the alike. We need to join forces and set things straight and they only way I can see that is through a class action lawsuit.

Graham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2006 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlinkcom/Atlanta-Georgia/Earthlinkcom-Where-is-the-Class-Action-Lawsuit-for-their-Fruadulent-Business-Practices-175831. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink.com