Complaint Review: Earthlink.net

• Reported By: Reggie — Jonestown Texas United States of America
Earthlink.net
1375 Peachtree Street, N.W., Level A Atlanta,, Georgia United States of America

Earthlink.net Scamming with Norton 360 Atlanta Georgia

In late May 2011 a virus got past my paid version of AVG.  I called Earthlink to make sure I could access my email from their website using another computer.  During the conversation, the Earthlink employee suggested that I might like to try Norton 360 since they had success with this program.  I verbally agreed to wait a few days to receive the installation disk and then to pay $6.95 per month for the service.  After 5 days no disk had come so I purchased the program directly from Norton and set about restoring my computer.

In July I began receiving phone calls saying that Earthlink's requests for credit card payments had been denied by the bank.  This made sense inasmuch as I had not used the bank they requested payment from for about 7 years.   Again, I had never received the disk, nor had I installed the program with an Earthlink authorization number.

From early July until today I have endured countless phone calls and emails requesting payment for the disk I never received and the service that Earthlink never provided.  To each phone caller I explained my situation to no avail.  I learned that it is impossible to reply to an Earthlink Email and equally impossible to Email Earthlink in any way at all.  Today Earthlink threatened to discontinue my service unless the balance was paid -- again, for a disk I never received and services that Earthlink never rendered.

After being the loyal customer of 11 years who always paid my $40.00 per month bills on time, I am now looking for a new service provider.  My loyalty and excellent pay history obviously means nothing to this company who has outsourced nearly all aspects of their company to India.  When I am threatened with discontinuation of service for not paying for something I never received, it's time to go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2011 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlinknet/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/Earthlinknet-Scamming-with-Norton-360-Atlanta-Georgia-766271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink.net