Complaint Review: Earthlink.net

• Submitted: Sat, August 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2008

• Reported By:Chatsworth California
Earthlink.net
P. O.Box 7645 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Earthlink.net Continous billing after cancellation Atlanta Georgia

I ordered True Voice from Earthlink on July 27, 2007. I explained that I did not want my landline disconnected until I was notified, as I was starting cancer treatments on 8/1/07 and I had to have phone service. They cut off my landline service prior to my receiving there equipment shipment, without my knowledge. When I received the equipment, I had to purchase new phones. I did, however, I had no service and I attempted to contract them to cancel the service. On August 30th (I was in the hospital from 8/21 to 8/29) I found that my home phone was not working upon my return and it had not worked while I was in the hospital.

On September 9, 2007, they (Earthlink) released my number so AT&T could come to my home and hook me up for their service again. AT&T did so on September 9th and I have had them every since.

I have received bills every month from Earthlink and called them at least 16 times to get this straightened out. I have 5 confirmation numbers from these conversations that the account was cancelled. I have received a number of e-mails saying the account has been cancelled only to get another bill the following month. I have written letters to them and copied the Better Business Bureau in Atlanta, and the Calif. Attorney Generals's Office. This has been going on since Sept. 2007 and sometimes I receive 2 bills in one month, for different amounts.

I have now received another bill dated 8/9/08 with an e-mail dated 8/15/08 stating that they will deactivate my account. I use earthlink.net for my internet connection and pay Time Warner for this service on a monthly basis. It has nothing to do with the True Voice that I had deleted last September. I do not know where else to turn on with this situation, as I do not have the funds to hire an attorney to persue this, and am concerned they will interfer with my credit ratings.

Jane
Chatsworth, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2008 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthlinknet/Atlanta-Georgia-30357/Earthlinknet-Continous-billing-after-cancellation-Atlanta-Georgia-366167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthlink.net