Complaint Review: Earthllink

• Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: naturegal — Lake City Florida
Earthllink
1375 Peachtree Street Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Earthllink Service horrendous, accounting horrendous, harrassment despicable Atlanta, Georgia

In January, 2013 I opened a dial-up internet service account with Earthlink.  The service was all but non functional.  No short videos or even pictures would load and I was unable to access any email accounts.  I called and closed the account at the end of February and was told the final bill would be $17.11.

I agreed to pay $2.00 extra to receive the final bill in the mail, since I could not access my email accounts.  Before I received the final bill in the mail I began receiving 7 - 15 phone calls a day dunning me for $9.95 (I paid the first month in advance to open the account).  One of the "agents" told me there were TWO accounts in my name.  I opened ONE.

I paid $19.11 (The final bill did not specify whether it included the $2.00 charge or not) by money order, enclosing a letter forbidding Earthlink from ever calling me again.

Two days ago I received another bill in the mail for over $37.00.  Today I received another phone call.

If Earthlink was the only internet provider on the face of this planet I would give up the internet completely.

This company is completely incompetent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Earthllink/Atlanta-Georgia-30309/Earthllink-Service-horrendous-accounting-horrendous-harrassment-despicable-Atlanta-Geo-1044848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Earthllink