Complaint Review: East Coast Magazine Sales

• Submitted: Mon, January 25, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, January 25, 2010

• Reported By: Jessica — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
East Coast Magazine Sales
4880 Stack Blvd Ste E1 Melbourne, FL 32901-8575 Melbourne, Florida United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-270-6902
  • Web:
  • Category:

East Coast Magazine Sales SCAM TO GET BANK INFO Melbourne, Florida

I received a phone call from someone claiming to work for East Coast Magazine Sales.  She told me that they were the company who sent out my magazines (a lie).  She proceeded to tell me that since I hadn't had any missed or late payments I was able to receive $10 off my monthly bill.  I told her I was not interested because I wasn't planning on buying anymore magazines and that all of mine were paid for upfront.  She told me that she had in her system that I was still paying for them.

I went online to check my account and just like I thought, there were no payments made to this company.  I told her I had no record of payments and she said well we have a visa account on our record.  I asked to speak with a supervisor because I wondered what information they had and she said previously she didn't have any of that information, but that her supervisor did.  She asked to place me on hold and about a minute later the phone hung up.  I tried calling the number back and received a recording saying that the number was not in service.

I had a similar phone call about 6 years ago.  The company stated they were my magazine company and wanted to update my information.  I was young and not thinking.  They asked to verify my banking information and I told them the information.  Basically, they were NOT my current magazine company and stole my banking information and stole money from me.  I hope this is stopped quickly because they continue to steal money from people!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2010 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/East-Coast-Magazine-Sales/Melbourne-Florida-32901/East-Coast-Magazine-Sales-SCAM-TO-GET-BANK-INFO-Melbourne-Florida-559970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on East Coast Magazine Sales