Complaint Review: East Coast Metal Structures

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: Biggon — Newport North Carolina
East Coast Metal Structures
La Grange, North Carolina USA

East Coast Metal Structures SCAM - RIPPED OFF - COMPANY TOOK OUR MONEY ($2000.00) AND NEVER DELIVERED OUR METAL BUILDING La Grange North Carolina

I met with Pete Osborne on May 14, 2013, at my home to discuss purchasing a metal building.  All specifications were discussed, i.e. size, spacing of trusses, placement of windows, doors, etc.  He said he could complete the building by June 3, 2013.

He gave me a price of $4300.00 to complete the structure and said he needed money down to expedite it.  He said the more we put down - it would help him get the building quicker.  He had previously built a building for a friend of mine, and therefore, I thought he would be trustworthy.

I offered him $1000.00 and he said he would need at least $2000.00 to go forward.  We talked about not knowing him before-hand and he assured me that he was straight up.  My father was present during this whole process and he even talked to him about setting up a display building in our area to sell buildings from.  He invoked Gods name frequently, stating that he was a Christian and that he was 100% above board and trustworthy.

I finally went to my bank with Pete and withdrew $2000.00 cash.  A contract was signed with East Coast Metal Structures, signed Pete Osborne.  I paid $2054.00 to pour the foundation in preparation for construction of the metal structure.

I called his office constantly and was given one excuse after another as to why he could not be reached.  I was informed via a recording at Osborne's office on 6/10/13 that he has filed bankruptcy and to contact his lawyer.  This man has to be held accountable.  Apparently, I am not his first victim!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/East-Coast-Metal-Structures/La-Grange-North-Carolina/East-Coast-Metal-Structures-SCAM-RIPPED-OFF-COMPANY-TOOK-OUR-MONEY-200000-AND-NE-1058301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on East Coast Metal Structures