Complaint Review: East Coast TV's

• Updated: Sun, February 10, 2013

• Reported By: michael — Bakersfield California United States of America
East Coast TV's
Linden New Jersey Internet United States of America

East Coast TV's East Coast TV's did not ship my TV and stole $1,700.00 dollars from me. Internet

*Consumer Comment: My experience was fine

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Apologies for the delay

Ordered a television from East Coast TV'S and the next day I received a call that the TV was back-ordered. Fine, it happens.

Called a week later for a status update and Steve said my TV would be delivered in three days. I am super excited.

One week goes by and no TV. I am very upset now.

I called East Coast TV"S for a status update and they said it would ship in a couple of days. My order should of been here by now.

I tell Steve I would like to cancel my order and he hangs up on me!

I have been charged $1,700.00 dollars and have no TV.

East Coast TV's has some very shady and unethical practices and should not be in business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/East-Coast-TVs/internet/East-Coast-TVs-East-Coast-TVs-did-not-ship-my-TV-and-stole-170000-dollars-from-me-935129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on East Coast TV's

My experience was fine

AUTHOR: Rob C - ()

First off, my sympathies to the person who wrote this post.  I do not want to be dismissive of his/her experience, but I thought in all fairness, consumers should know that not everyone has a bad experience with East Coast TVs.  I just purchased an exceptional, stateo f the art samsung HDTV from them.  Their prices were absoluteyl jaw-dropping.  They undercut Samsung by $700, and Amazon by $400.  It was a brand new, factory sealed TV in perfect conditon and I can not be happier.  Now, consumers need to be patient with these guys.

The TVs are market so low, their margins do not allow for them to deliver TVs as fact as Amazon.  But if you want to pay the extra $400 to getyour product faster from Amazon, be my guest.  In my situation it took 18 painful days to deliver my HDTV from Jersey to S. Carolina.  On day #9 and #14 I did express unhappiness with how slow it was taking to get it, but upper-level manager (Tony) gave he his direct line and reinforced his commitment to getting me what I ordered.

Delayed gratification.  If worked out well in the end. Also, I bought a TV wall mount from them.  After I bought it I found it elsewhere for half the price and Steve at East Coast didn't ask any questions - he just matched the price.  Happy in that regard.  As with the TV, delivery of the wall-mount has been slow to process.  Once again, you have to be patient.    Will do business with them again.  Just use a credit card with buyer protection.  That shoiuld give you the peace of mind you need to pull the trigger.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Apologies for the delay

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

Hello, We apologize for the delay in your order. Sometimes when popular merchandise become backordered the estimated-time-of-arrival will change often and we may not be able to keep our delivery promise. However, we can say that it did indeed state the item was backordered on the website before you ordered it and we gave you a courtesy call.

After waiting some time we understand if you would like to cancel the order and we have no problem with that whatsoever. Steve would not have any reason to hang up on you. Secondly, he would not hang up on you or any customer because it is against our code of ethics. The call was most likely disconnected or dropped. However, you order was canceled and your credit card was refunded on August 29th. Refunds always take three-five business days to appear on your account (it depends on your bank, but never less than three business days). We cannot rush that, all we can do is process the refund and wait for the bank to credit your account.

We strongly feel that we made every effort to keep you in the loop with your order. It is unfortunate that the item was not available at the time but there was little we could do. It was displayed as "on back order" on our website and we called you shortly after you placed your order to let you know that it was on back order in case you misread the website.

After you requested to cancel your order, we refunded your card immediately, however, banks do require some extra processing time for credits. There is no possibility that Steve would deliberately hang up on you. He denies it and when we reviewed the call recordings we did see that the call was disconnected (there's no way for us to tell how it was disconnected) but like we said the chances of Steve "hanging up" on you are extremely small, the call was more likely dropped.

We apologize for the inconvenience, if you would like to discuss further, feel free to call me at (908) 422-0419. If you'll give us a second chance, with an in stock item, we will most definitely steer you right this time.