Complaint Review: East Coast Travel Apex, NC

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 17, 2012

• Reported By: thecruisebug — reidsville North Carolina United States of America
East Coast Travel Apex, NC
Apex, North Carolina United States of America

East Coast Travel Apex, NC my husband and I almost fell for this too good to be true Apex, North Carolina

*Author of original report: To good to be true

*Consumer Comment: Tell me more

My husband and I almost fell for this vacation club offer. Free cruise and airfare for listening to a 90 min. Presentation. We started asking questions and for a business card. He suddenly cut the price in half. We we said no he quickly rushed us out of there. Very shady! Glad we did not fall for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2012 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/East-Coast-Travel-Apex-NC/Apex-North-Carolina-/East-Coast-Travel-Apex-NC-my-husband-and-I-almost-fell-for-this-too-good-to-be-true-Apex-941646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on East Coast Travel Apex, NC

To good to be true

AUTHOR: thecruisebug - (United States of America)

Free Cruise and Airfare not so free. After out 90 min session the supposely Travel Agents came around to each table to sell the program asking for $9000 right off the bat without any no time given to think about it.. We we said no we were hussled out the room and taken out side where the door was locked behind us. The young lady who worked for the company had a podium out side handed us a paper to sign saying we had received our free gift. We were given a another form to fill out to send off to another travel agency in Florida and to include $75 for each person for the cruise cerificates and $50 for each airline certificate per person. Sorry, but they are not getting anything else but my time from me. I looked on line at the BBB on the referred Travel agency and they have had complaints on that company for not fullfilling the free gifts. That company name was Millennium Travel and Promotions in Smyrna Beach FL.

Tell me more

AUTHOR: MommaBear - (United States of America)

I am signed up for my husband and I to go to one of their presentations this week.  I'm only going because of the free gift.  They have offered me a new android tablet and a $100 restaurant.com gift card.  I am guaranteed these gifts for sitting through the presentation.

Can you give me more information?  What kind of problems did you have getting your gifts?  Is the presentation 90 min long or is it shorter with a hard sell with individual sales reps?  I've been told I will not have to stay more than 90 min.  Is this realistic?

Thanks so much for writing this report.