Complaint Review: Eastern Lettering

• Reported By: Capt. Arty — BLUFFTON South Carolina
Eastern Lettering
Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Eastern Lettering Beware of this company Raleigh North Carolina

*Author of original report: Thanks...

*Consumer Comment: One concern

I read in several columns horrible complaints about Eastern Lettering. Being leery and before sending them an order I decided to test them out. After writing them for a price for a single sew on number for a baseball jersey they quoted me $6.00 for the number and $5.50 for shipping. On May 13, 2013 I sent them my check No. 2003 for $12.00 for the sew on number “2”. On May 18 I called to see if they had received my check. They said they had not received the check. I then sent them an email with my shipping address and my credit card information so as not to delay the order. On June 3, I called again to ask about my order and was told it was being shipped out the next day. On June 11, I wrote another email asking, “What is going on…..” since I still had not received the sew on number. I then checked with my Credit Card Company and saw that there was no charge of $12.00 to my account. Then I checked with my bank and saw that my check No. 2003 for $12.00 dated May 13 had been posted to my account on May 31, 2013.

After writing another email to them asking where is my order, Ed Woods, from Customer Service responded on June 12 by emailing:

“Need shipping address, sorry for overlooking this.”

On the same day, June 12, I emailed them a copy of my cashed check No. 2003 that had my shipping address printed thereon and also mentioned that the envelope, that the check came in, also had my shipping address.

The following Monday, June 17, I tried to call Customer service on three occasions and on three attempts I received a message that the mailbox was full.

On Tuesday, June 18 I was able to contact, Ed Woods, a sales representative who claimed the item had been shipped out, “First Class Mail” and I should get it by Friday, June 21st.

On Thursday, June 20, I saw on my Visa credit card that Eastern Lettering had charged my credit card for $12.00, meaning they had received payment twice for the same order that had been paid for by cashing my check No. 2003.

Well, Friday, June 21, came and my order still had not arrived so I sent the following email:

“It is now Friday and I still have not received my order for which you have charged me twice and told me that it would be delivered by Friday. I am fed up with your incompetence. In addition you have not responded to my emails so I guess I'll just report all of this to the Better Business Bureau, Credit Card Company, State of North Carolina and appropriate law enforcement authorities for interstate criminal action.”

On June 22, I received the following email response:

“We had a backorder on Yankees numbers.  Order will ship Tuesday, sorry for miscommunication. We originally had you mixed up with another customer.”

Well, I’m still waiting for my order to be completed.

On July 1, I sent Eastern Lettering another email that stated in the Subject line: “My next step!”  In the message area I wrote “Another week has passed and I still have not received my order. I guess my next step will be to file a complaint…….”

Attached was a blank form of Complaint to the North Carolina, Department of Justice, Attorney General, Roy Cooper. My order arrived on July 3rd, 2013.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eastern-Lettering/Raleigh-North-Carolina/Eastern-Lettering-Beware-of-this-company-Raleigh-North-Carolina-1064829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eastern Lettering

AUTHOR: Capt. Arty - ()

Thanks for the information. The card numbers have been changed and a new card issued. I received an Alert from Bank of America that they cancelled the card on their own when they noticed suspicious charges being made.

One concern

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

I just want to let you know that you should never give out your credit card information via email because the information can be intercepted regardless it is encrypted. The reason behind this is that whatever you sent via email will be permanently recorded and could be misused by anyone who can retrieve the message (email). You have no idea what and how secure the other side keeps the info. Giving the info via phone (not text) is better and acceptable.