• Report: #820505

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Teri — York Pennsylvania United States of America
Eastern Refinishing
Wiarton, Ontario Canada

Eastern Refinishing Charlie Gayler scam, beware, misleading in price Wiarton, Ontario Canada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Crap!

I did read multiple negative reviews about this company. In fact, the only positive reviews that I saw, were found directly on the companies website.  Despite my gut feeling, I did contact Eastern Refinishing and spoke directly to Charlie. He initially put me on hold, and got back on the phone saying "He is an idiot". I asked "Who", Charlies said "My brother".

I inquire about his reglazing services. I told him I wanted my tub and tile reglazed. Charlie asked if I had three walls of tiling, I said, yes . He asked if the tiles was in good shape, I said yes. He asked if the tile was about 6 feet high, I said yes.  He asked me the color, I said, Pink. He said the price was $479.00.  Charlie informed me that one of his workers would be out today, 1/10/2012. I asked him about the fixtures, he said that they would glaze around them.  I was worried that I would eventually want to change my fixtures, so I removed the fixtures from the walls.

Last night I called the company to get a timeframe because I didn't recall Charlie telling me. I spoke to a women, I don't recall her name. She found my info and said that someone would be out between 10 and 11pm. I asked where they were driving from, she said New Jersey, I live in York Pa.

Bob arrived on time, around 1045. The first thing he wanted to do was to check the tub out. So we went in, after seeing it, he said, I am only doing the tub right?  I said, no you are to do the three walls to. He said, well I will have to call Charlie and get a price. I said, I spoke to Charlie twice and to a women last night and the price included both the tub and walls. Why would I want a white tube and walls of pink tile?

He asked if I wanted the work done, I said yes for the price that I was quoted, twice. He said he couldn't do that. I said, then I don't want it done. The reason.. is bc I saw so many negative reviews, and I specifically recall someone else complaining about them coming out and changing the price. He said, sorry for the inconvenience. I said, Oh not a problem for me, your the one that had to drive to York, Pa from New Jersey..this didn't cost me a thing!

Thanks to those who found the time to put in negative reviews. And thanks to websites like this that allow customers to express their concerns and warn others.   Beware...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eastern-Refinishing/Wiarton-Ontario-/Eastern-Refinishing-Charlie-Gayler-scam-beware-misleading-in-price-Wiarton-Ontario-Cana-820505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eastern Refinishing

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Crap!

AUTHOR: Charlie - (Canada)

Funny how this happens just after you fire someone.

I do not know who this little sweatheart is but we do not do work in "York" Pa.

We also have no-one named "Bob" that works for us.

I think he is a guy that (like all of these reports) we hired and then fired for lack of quality.It can be tough to be the biggest in the industry and there are alot of scumbags out there.

We have been doing bathtubs for 42 years and have an "A" rating with the BBB.

Anything else is simply crap.

I do find it "ODD" that this site sells "Reputation restoration" on the same page as their "complaints".

You would think that would be a conflict of interest but who do you call these people on?

Check the BBB. They don't have to sell ads to "clean up your reputation" on the same page as where they denigrate you.

Ripoff is a ripoff.