Complaint Review: Easy Care Auto Warranty

• Submitted: Fri, December 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 28, 2012

• Reported By: Amy R — Denver Colorado United States of America
Easy Care Auto Warranty
Automobile Protection Corporation 6010 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Easy Care Auto Warranty WASTE OF TIME, MONEY AND ENERGY Atlanta, Georgia

I bought an extended warranty for my newly purchased used car.  I bought the car from the dealer with the understanding that the warranty was easy to use and for my own good.  I drive the car about a month and on Veteran's Day, notice that there is a noise coming from my tire.  I take the car into my mechanic who informs me that it is a bearing issue.  I immediately call Easy Care to try to get approval for the services.  NO ANSWER.  I spend hours on hold and when it seems like I am going to get through, I hear a click click - Easy Care is closed for the day.  I went ahead with the repairs as it was relatively minor and I'd been assured by the dealer that Easy Care would cover the repair.  Adding to that, the mechanic said it was a safety issue and I drive about 100 miles roundtrip per day.

I submit the paperwork to Easy Care the following day and they immediately reject it stating that I had failed to preauthorize the repairs.  I called and was shocked because they were closed and I had tried to get preapproval.  After a lot of back and forth, they are still refusing to cover the repair and I've canceled.  They were rude, condescending and they wouldn't answer my simple question: if this is their policy, what is the point of having a warranty?  How will I be able to schedule my breakdowns?  Will I have to wait stranded in the middle of the night somewhere until it is Monday morning and then be able to get the repair?  They said in the scenario I proposed, they would STILL refuse to cover any repairs.  Waste of time, and money.  Disgusting business that cheats and lies to people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2012 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easy-Care-Auto-Warranty/Atlanta-Georgia-30071/Easy-Care-Auto-Warranty-WASTE-OF-TIME-MONEY-AND-ENERGY-Atlanta-Georgia-988158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Easy Care Auto Warranty