Complaint Review: Easy Care Extended Warranties

• Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Bruce/California — La Mesa California United States of America
Easy Care Extended Warranties
6010 Atlantic Blvd. Norcrosse, Georgia United States of America

Easy Care Extended Warranties BEWARE! $5000 warranty worthless on RV. Wouldn't negotiate with expenses totaling over $7400. Not customer service oriented or sympathetic. Norcrosse, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: EasyCare Extended warranties

*Author of original report: Results of Easy Care Complaint

February, 2013 Beware of Easy Care RV extended warranty!  I purchased a $5000 warranty October, 2011 when I bought my 40 diesel pusher at a dealer.  Took my first big trip in August, 2012.  The RV broke down outside of Pocatello, ID that evening.  It took 3 different repair shops to find the problem in two different cities over 15 days.   I contacted Easy Care the first night and got nowhere.  Next morning I called and told them what my situation was.  Not once did Easy Care lift a finger to assist me or contact the shop that was working on the problem.  I was in continuous conference with them, but still they refused to pay for the repairs which amounted to over $7,400 out of pocket (not counting 14 hotel stays and eating out costs).  Their excuse was no one contacted them from the repair shop to get authorization, so no coverage.  I was also quite ill at the time, but no sympathy or consideration for that either.  Letters were written to Easy Care along with telephone conversations, but they still hung their hat on the no authorization no payment for repairs.  What I found out was these shops do not want to deal with this company because they dont always pay the full amount or they are just difficult to work with.  I was told by the last repair company, if you want an RV extended warranty, go with Good Sam.
I have since cancelled my extended warranty and have taken this complaint to the BBB for assistance.
Bruce/California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2013 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easy-Care-Extended-Warranties/Norcrosse-Georgia-30071/Easy-Care-Extended-Warranties-BEWARE-5000-warranty-worthless-on-RV-Wouldnt-negotiate-1008808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Easy Care Extended Warranties

EasyCare Extended warranties

AUTHOR: LouisvilleSlugger - ()

I am on my third Car or truck with Easycare and i have had no problems with the service they provide. All work i have had done including engine,transmission and ECU issues. The most i have ever had to pay is $100 deductable and i am ok with that considering i had $5100 on work done on my 08 Audi S4 such as cam tensionors,tourque converter,and new ECU that somehow stopped working.  Most of my work was done at 83,000miles and for what it cost and covers i would recommend this to anyone who wants added protection. That is just my experience but i have only used on 08 Audi S4, 07 SRT8 Magnum and a 2010 Dodge 2500 cummins 4x4. Worked great for me but never had a RV on EasyCare. Prices vary for your warranties the least i paid was $3700 and $5000 is the highest

Results of Easy Care Complaint

AUTHOR: Bruce/California - ()

May 20, 2013

I contacted Easy Care the last week of December, 2012, as to what amount I would receive should I cancel the “worthless” warranty.  I was told $3,520, and they would honor that price for 30 days.  I had to get the forms downloaded from their website to fill out and send them along with my original contract to the dealer I purchased the RV from, Holland Motors in San Marcos, CA.  They received the paperwork and emailed Easy Care the cancellation forms on January 17, 2013.  I was informed it could be 4-6 weeks before I got a check for that amount.

I finally called the dealer towards the end of April to find out that Easy Care used one of their tactics of “we didn’t receive the cancellation form until 2 months AFTER the date on the form”.  They cut a check for $3,365.04, not the quoted $3520 (minus $25 for the dealer handling).  So between Easy Care’s excuse and the lack of follow up on Holland Motors’ part, I am out even more money!  My final words on this are twofold:  DO NOT PURCHASE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM EASY CARE and IF YOU BUY AN RV AND EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM HOLLAND MOTORS, MAKE SURE YOU DOCUMENT EVERY DETAIL, DATE AND TIME AND UNDERSTAND EVERY WORD OF THAT CONTRACT WITH THEM.  Neither company can be trusted to fulfill their word or promise of satisfied customer service.