- Report: #949970
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Easy Moving and Storage
Easy Moving and StorageMill Island, New York Brooklyn, New York United States of America
Easy Moving and Storage BEWARE OF THESE KIDS WHO ARE SMOOTH TALKERS AND RIPOFF ARTISTS Brooklyn, New York
*UPDATE Employee: Unpredictable Events
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Here are highlights of lies and deceit:
- supposed to show up at 9 am. End up showing up at noon. Driver confesses the "truck broke down". Prior to arrival, I called numerous times to find out their ETA, driver states it's due to traffic.
- explained to the crew that we only have until 5pm to wrap and move every item out of our two bedroom apartment. "foreman" ( probably a kid no older than 22 ) says " don't worry, we have another three guys coming with a truck to speed this up and get this job done". No one shows.
- they are such a small operation that they didn't have an alternate truck large enough to replace the broken down truck and didn't tell me ahead of time. Showed up with a regular Budget rental truck that they worked on cramming everything in with no success
- midway through, they ran out of supplies and had to wait for someone to bring more blankets. Used my tape, shrink wrap and cardboard boxes because they came empty handed
- at 4pm i called the "boss" and let him know I was dissatisfied and worried about my possessions being mishandled so I told him I was going to buy insurance. He agreed and said " most people take care of it on their homeowners insurance" (HELLO! I'm a renter!) I proceed to call 4 insurance companies only to find out this COMPANY IS NOT REGISTERED and therefore, I cannot buy insurance.
- at 5 pm my belongings are still not completely out of my apartment and my building is ready to close down the service elevators. At this point, the movers scramble to move all my furniture unwrapped down to the hallway before the elevator closes down. "foreman" says don't worry, another truck is coming with three men that will help us
- couldn't make it to storage unit where the remainder of my belongings were because the storage closed even though the job was promised to be finished in one day (had to spend the next day - Saturday at storage with them)
- 8:30pm second truck came and one of the workers ( must be a business partner of the owner) apologized and continued the lies by telling me he would show up on Saturday to make sure things would run smoothly and that he would build a nice crate for my 58" TV that was carried and strapped into the truck held by shrink wrap and a flimsy piece of cardboard. Didn't happen. No box, no show.
- "boss" tried to make things right by paying for a storage unit for me to keep my goods in my possession because I couldn't buy insurance to protect my possessions but then throws it in my face that I have his blankets and proceeds to charge me $420 upfront because "it's not his fault I have his blankets wrapped around my furniture"
What an a*s! How about taking a loss for having a customer endure a horrendous and stressful experience that could have been avoided and handled if a bunch of children weren't running this so called company.
I love America and Americans so I needed to write this to save my fellow Americans from having to deal with this kind of disaster! They should be reported to the BBB and closed down.
PS. One final lie...supposedly he was late because the truck broke down and the other truck was at a filming of a reality show they are in. What a freakin joke.
Need I say anything more other than the fact that they do not have their act together by any means
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easy-Moving-and-Storage/Brooklyn-New-York-/Easy-Moving-and-Storage-BEWARE-OF-THESE-KIDS-WHO-ARE-SMOOTH-TALKERS-AND-RIPOFF-ARTISTS-Br-949970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.