Complaint Review: Easy Saver

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
Easy Saver
Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Easy Saver Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Easy Saver - Membership Services - Encore Marketing - Affiliated with Overstock.com Rip Off! Online Scam!!

*Author of original report: Easy Saver - Membership Services - Encore Marketing - The Company Store Rip Off! Online Scam!!

Easy saver billed my bank account without my permission.
Said that I had ordered some vitamins online. I do not make online purchases. Then they said I ordered something off TV.

I did not make any TV purchases. First time I called they said they would credit me. They did not. The second time they billed my bank account I called they Identified themselves as Encore travel discounts. They said they would credit me immediately.

I will go to my bank and change my account information!

Jeff
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2006 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Easy-Saver/Pennsylvania-Pennsylvania/Easy-Saver-Pennsylvania-222163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Easy Saver

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

The first few attempts to get my bank to refund the eight months of 14.95 of Unauthorized withdrawls made by EASY SAVER they would only refund back 60 days. I found this statement in Federal Regulation E.
(a) Preauthorized transfers to consumer's account(1) Notice by financial institution. When a person initiates preauthorized electronic fund transfers to a consumer's account at least once every 60 days, the account-holding financial institution shall provide notice to the consumer by:

(i) Positive notice. Providing oral or written notice of the transfer within two business days after the transfer occurs; or

(ii) Negative notice. Providing oral or written notice, within two business days after the date on which the transfer was scheduled to occur, that the transfer did not occur; or

(iii) Readily-available telephone line. Providing a readily available telephone line that the consumer may call to determine whether the transfer occurred and disclosing the telephone number on the initial disclosure of account terms and on each periodic statement.

What it means is that your bank must notify you of any scheduled
withdrawls or deposits. So when I emailed them the above and told them they never notified me and they were liable for the eight months of Unauthorized withdrawls they said they will send me a check for the full amount.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC against Overstock.com because they will not remove my personal and credit information from their website. They have violated the Federal Privacy Act of 1974 by giving out my personal information without getting written consent from me. I asked the FTC to make Overstock.com remove my information and suggested that the be fined for violating Federal Privacy Act of 1974 .

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Origianlly I had joined Overstock.com and the next day I noticed EASY SAVER had made an Unuthorized withdrawl from my checking account. When I called EASY SAVER their automated messaging service told me they were affliated with Overstock.com

I contacted Overstock.com they told me they are affliated with EASY SAVER and they will not remove my Login account and credit information from their system even though I told them that EASY made eight months of Unauthorized withdrawls of 14.95 from my checking account.

Overstock's response "I further like to inform you that we are unable to cancel your account as your email address is stored as a permanent data." This means my credit information will be kept forever in their database.

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

EASY SAVER made eight months of 14.95 unautorized withdrawls from my checking account. The bank won't help refund all of the money even after I told them about Federal Regulation E.
They will only go back 60 days. We are struggling financially and the 160.00 they stole from us would really
The first time I called EASY SAVER 1-800-262-6199 they told me they were affiliated with OVERSTOCK.com (A DVD movie wholesale club that I did join but there is no fee for sign up but they make you give them your credit information to join) When I contacted Overstock.com they denied any affiliation with EASY SAVER.