Complaint Review: EasyCare

• Updated: Sun, September 23, 2012

• Reported By: Richard — Richardson Texas United States of America
EasyCare
Houston, Texas United States of America

EasyCare Does not replace lost keys that are covered in their membership Houston, Texas

The dealer where I purchased a 2000 BMW provided me with an EasyCare (EC) membership when I purchased and financed the car. There are 2 pages of fine print in the contract but a one line sentence sums up what is covered and this includes lost keys as well as damaged and inoperative transponders (their language). I reported a lost key recently and the EC agent said to have a BMW dealer open a claim because only they can replace a BMW key. The BMW dealer objected to opening the claim because other similar insurance companys tell them to fax an invoice for the cost of the key in response to the car owner's claim. The reason EC insists on this procedure is so they can play off the dealer against the EC member. In my case the BMW dealer cooperated with me by calling EC to tell them I lost my key. Two days later I called EC to determine the status of my claim and was told by the phone rep that the dealer told them a totally different scenario that did not include a lost key and they would have to hear the correct facts from the dealer before they would do anything about the claim. I called the BMW dealer to determine what they told EC about my case and they assured me that they told EC that it was a lost key claim. It is obvious to me that the EC tactic of playing off the dealer against me is the way they get out of paying claims.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2012 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EasyCare/Houston-Texas-77040/EasyCare-Does-not-replace-lost-keys-that-are-covered-in-their-membership-Houston-Texas-945559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EasyCare