• Report: #901930

• Reported By: Unhappy Bride — Carmel Indiana United States of America
Eat More Cake
620 North Rangeline Rd Internet United States of America

Eat More Cake Keith Snyder SHADY BUSINESS-DO NOT GO TO EAT MORE CAKE!! Internet

DO NOT ORDER YOUR WEDDING CAKE FROM EAT MORE CAKE IN CARMEL!!! This was the worst experience ever. I ordered my cake from Keith Snyder at Eat More Cake on January 31 and the initial experience went well. Keith was eager to please and friendly. He did not have a couple type of cake balls that I wanted to try, but said to call back about a month before the wedding and he would make some for me to pick up. So that is what I did. I started trying to call on 4 1/2 weeks before my wedding. I called more numerous times and left two messages and sent two emails-never to receive a call back or an email back. I had to drive there to make sure the place was still in business-it was after hours so i called until I finally received an answer. He said he had not read any emails.

12 days before my wedding I email him a question about my cake and his response was asking if my guest count was still 360. I had told him my guest count was 200. my venue only holds 200 people and I booked my venue 9 months before I booked my cake with him. I emailed him two emails back---never received a response. I finally get ahold of him on 2 days later and he was very defensive and said that i had told him that was my guest count was 360. I was only paying $400 for my cake, so I asked him if $400 for a 360 person cake sounded right---clearly an error on his end. I very nicely asked if we could go over my paperwork to ensure we were both on the same page. He rudely said he was on a delivery and that he did not have time. I told him i would call him the next morning to go over everything and he said that was fine.

I called him 5 times-left two messages and never received anything back. Two days later I drove out to his "bakery" to speak with him. He told me he never received any calls or emails. He pulled out the paperwork and it was all incorrect. The guest count was wrong, he did not have the shape of cake balls correct, etc. He acted very defensive and told me that i had to pay the remainder today. I told him I needed to speak with my parents and so i stepped outside to make a phone call. With all that had gone on we felt this was very shady and would more than likely not be receiving a cake on the day of the wedding. I went to my car and got the emails that I had printed off showing that i had emailed him and went back inside. I showed him the emails and he said that I could not prove they went through---really??!! I told him that I did not feel comfortable going forward and i would like to cancel and receive my deposit back. He said he would not give me anything there but i could pick a check up the next day. I had paid $200. He said that there would be a 10% cancellation fee. I said whatever and left. To make matters worse he is yelling at me and his young children are there.

The next day I went back to receive a check for $88----not what we had agreed on. He tried to charge me $50 for a tasting fee, $20 for the sample cake (palm size), $17 for 6 cake bites and then a $25 cancellation fee---nothing of this was mentioned the day before. His cancellation went from 10% which would have been $20 to then $25---clearly making all of this up. I looked online for reviews and found that there was a bride back in July of 2011 that he did the same thing to---only she did not cancel on him and went through--you can read her review on yahoo. I AM SO GLAD I CANCELLED WITH THIS SHADY PLACE!! Do yourself a favor and do not go to Eat More Cake in Carmel, IN. I asked around and no one had heard of this place---that should have been my first warning!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eat-More-Cake/internet/Eat-More-Cake-Keith-Snyder-SHADY-BUSINESS-DO-NOT-GO-TO-EAT-MORE-CAKE-Internet-901930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eat More Cake