Complaint Review: Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, August 24, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Erik — Saylorsburg Pennsylvania U.S.A.
Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.
333 Bryant St Ste 250 San Francisco, California United States of America

Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc. Ebates, Ebates.com scam, fraud, refuses to pay out cashback owed San Francisco, California

*UPDATE Employee: We have credited these orders for this member

On June 30, 2012 I utilized Ebates.com in order to earn 2% cashback on a purchase at Target.com.  As I always do when shopping at Target, I entered my wife's employee ID number, which entitles us to 10% off all purchases.  After her employee discount, the total was $253.76, thereby entitling me to a $5.08 cashback rebate from Ebates.com.  When this transaction failed to post to my Ebates account, I contacted them on 8/22/2012.

On 8/24, I received a response requesting a copy of my order details.  I sent them a PDF of the order confirmation and shortly thereafter received a response indicating that my order was ineligible for cashback "due to the use of a non-Ebates coupon/discount ( team member discount). As a result, Cash Back cannot be awarded."  I did NOT use a coupon of any kind.  Nowhere in Ebates terms of service does it state that retailer employees may not utilize employee discounts.  Ebates has thus failed to meet its contractual obligations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2012 07:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates-ShoppingCom-Inc/San-Francisco-California-94107/Ebates-ShoppingCom-Inc-Ebates-Ebatescom-scam-fraud-refuses-to-pay-out-cashback-owed-932289. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.

We have credited these orders for this member

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

Though offers like this cannot be used with Ebates.com to double-dip and earn both Ebates Cash Back and the employee discount, we credited this customer on Friday, August 24th for the transactions mentioned in this complaint.

We let this member know that Ebates.com does not earn credit for orders of this type, and we will not be able to continue to credit orders to his account when Ebates.com does not earn a commission for the purchase.

Sincerely,