Complaint Review: Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, January 03, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: Lilac567 — White Pigeon Michigan United States of America
Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.
333 Bryant St Ste 250 San Francisco, California United States of America

Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc. Ebates.com Never received cash back for my transaction San Francisco, California

*UPDATE Employee: We are glad to take a 2nd look

This company did not give me cash back for a very large transaction from an online magazine company. They had advertised that I would get a large percentage of cash back for my purchase, so I thought that would be great and got some magazine subscriptions as gifts. It had been some time since I heard anything, and when I contacted them they said that I had gone through a different site to make the purchase, but that the magazine company would not tell them who. I filed a complaint with the BBB and would urge all of you to do the same that are having difficulties with ebates so they will hopefully stop scamming their customers. Thus far they have refused to give me my cash back for the purchase, and maintain that I went through another site to make the transaction. I never would have made such a large purchase had I thought I would not be getting any cash back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2012 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates-ShoppingCom-Inc/San-Francisco-California-94107/Ebates-ShoppingCom-Inc-Ebatescom-Never-received-cash-back-for-my-transaction-San-Franc-817389. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates Shopping.Com, Inc.

We are glad to take a 2nd look

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

From this complaint I don't know the full name or email address of this member, but I can likely find the case and take a 2nd look.

Ebates.com is a free shopping site that pays Cash Back to our members who shop online.  We earn a commission on sales and pass the savings as cash to our shoppers.

In this case, it appears that Ebates.com did not earn credit for the sale, thus there is no Cash Back to pass along to our member.  In cases like this, we let our members know that we did not earn credit, and we explain what the store told us.

It sounds like the member is as disappointed as we are not to earn the credit.  I'll try to track it down, and see if we can compromise somehow.