Complaint Review: Ebates

Ebates

Ebates Bonus Scam . Scammed out of $10 sign up card AND $30 rebates! Internet

*Author of original report: Response

*UPDATE Employee: We can look into this matter further

I signed up for ebates.  They hooked me in with the $10 sign up bonus.

A party (for me) was coming up in a few months and my mother did not have any cash to buy me anything.  This bothered her.  I received an email stating if I referred friends I would get $5 per friend, plus $30 if I referred three.

There were other options, refer ten or fifty get more money, I just had three relatives who were buying gifts online...

I told my mom if she convinced my family to purchase my gifts through my referral I would earn $45 in bonuses, which we could set up to be sent to her, this way she would  have money for the gift she wanted for me and have money left over (we usually spend $25).

This seemed great except my family had never bothered with ebates so they were hesitant.  We eventually worked it out, I saw 3 eligible referrals on my ebates account eventually and my gifts arrived safely...

My mom only received fifteen dollars. No ten dollar gift card, no thirty dollar bonus.  I gave it time, nothing.  I contacted ebates.  They sent a message which sounded like "tough luck"  They claimed all my family members made the purchases through the same account and listed all the accounts they said I had?  I responded telling them they were not made through the same account.  How can I refer someone to my own account?

They included all the email addresses that made purchases, which was my family's email addresses.  How does that help me?  They told me I had to send them copies of every order confirmation email, with no editing or changing.  How am I supposed to get copies of other people's emails?  Hack? They bought my gifts online because they couldn't make it to the party and we rarely have contact, yet I have  to get them to find the confirmations from months ago, hope they didn't delete it, get them to forward it to me (some of them don't know what forward means) and then send it in to ebates to get the money I already earned???  This is just stalling and jumping through hoops by ebates.  I can not access other people's accounts to get the information, they know this, and it's why they are asking for it.

Worse, I told one member about this and now they are worried about ebates scamming them, or stealing their information, because now they want more from them.  They aren't sure if they have the email, and they honestly have no desire to send more info to a company that has proven itself shady already, so I don't think I'll have better luck with the other two family members.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 06:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates/internet/Ebates-Bonus-Scam-Scammed-out-of-10-sign-up-card-AND-30-rebates-Internet-917548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates

Response

AUTHOR: Lace2012 - (United States of America)

It's my account, as I stated.

I just sent the money to her for the gift.  It's my referral links and account that shows the bonuses.

I have responded to the email sent to me requiring the ridiculous proof that I can't obtain.  If I don't receive a response within 1 business day I will contact you, as she doesn't have access to my account or info.

We can look into this matter further

AUTHOR: Dylan - (U.S.A.)

We do keep a close eye on our Ebates.com Tell-A-Friend program.   I could be that your mother's bonuses were held by mistake.  Please have her contact me at this email address: facebookhelp at ebates.com.  This is an email address that we use to help members on our Facebook wall and on forums like this.

Once I get an email from her, I'd be glad to review the account again and try to resolve this matter for her.

We are sorry for this trouble.

Sincerely,