Complaint Review: Ebates

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: lee22 — Quakertown Pennsylvania
Ebates
Internet USA

Ebates Ebates does not want to give me my full cash back bonus Internet

*Author of original report: working with ebates

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Ebates is currently working to resolve this case

On May 23rd, 2013 I made a purchase and earned a cash back bonus for $102.03. As usual, the credit did not appear so I had to submit an inquiry on June 10th which was 18 days after the purchase date which should have been sufficient time for the credit to be reflected in my account. I was given their typical responce which was:

"Thank you for sending along this information. We have submitted an inquiry to the store regarding the reporting of this purchase, and will notify you as soon as we have information to pass along.

Ebates relies on our stores to report your order to us so that you can earn Cash Back. We cannot credit an account until the store notifies us that a purchase has been made and that Ebates will be paid for this purchase.

Please keep in mind that it can take some time for the store to respond and we will be sure to let you know as soon as they do. Most inquiries are resolved within 10 business days, though some do require more time.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please let me know and we would be glad to assist you further."

I patiently waited and when I didn't hear a response, I sent a reply email 10 days later on June 20th. I was informed that as soon as they receive a resolution they'll let me know. Fast foward 18 days later to today, July 8th. I send yet another message and am informed that they are unable to:

"verify this purchase as being eligible for Ebates credit. This means Ebates has earned no credit for this purchase and as such cannot credit your account.

At this time we have added a $20 promotional bonus in your account as our way of letting you know we appreciate your membership and understanding in this matter. The bonus amount will show as pending (As shown below) until you place your next order and that order posts to your account. Once the order posts the $20 will be approved and reflected in your account balance."

This is completely unacceptable. I have provided them with their ebates tracking number, date of purchase, order number and order details.  They can clearly see that the purchase was made! They're trying to only give me $20 out of the $102.03 that they owe me!! I want to see that full amount in my account immediately!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebates/internet/Ebates-Ebates-does-not-want-to-give-me-my-full-cash-back-bonus-Internet-1065411. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebates

working with ebates

AUTHOR: lee22 - ()

I have received a phone call with ebates and they are trying to resolve this situation.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Ebates is currently working to resolve this case

AUTHOR: Dylan - ()

We have sent this Ebates member over $700 over the past couple years.   We are still working to resolve this case for this member.  In fact, we have a phone call scheduled for today to discuss the matter.

We are sorry that this store did not pay a commission to Ebates on this order.  We too would have liked to have earned credit for Lee's order.  We are both on the same side.

We look forward to helping this member today.  Ebates is far from being a rip-off.   We have been paying Cash Back to online shoppers for over 14 years.   We are always willing to continue the conversation, and we are here to help.

Sincerely,