• Report: #719468

• Updated: Wed, April 20, 2011

• Reported By: Frances — Forest City North Carolina United States of America
Ebay, Inc
2065 Hamilton Avenue San, Jose, California United States of America

Ebay, Inc Customer Support and Trust and Safety Dept. Ebay Indefinetly Restricted My Selling Account Due To Unknown Linked Accounts San, Jose, California

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

On March 26th 2011 Ebay sent me an email that my account was restricted to a limited selling amount due to a NO LONGER REGISTERED USER. When I checked my feedbacks this was a user that bidded and won an item from me, and due to Ebay not giving me any information about this user that was susposedly linked to my account I did further investigation on my own and found that this user was at the time 13 years old, when he bidded and won my item on May 24th, 2008. This user had been in their system for enough time to have 17 feedbacks, GO FIGURE!!!..I was furious as to why they restricted my account so I contacted them to file a claim dispute and the out come later costed me an Indefinent Restriction for selling due to further investigation on their part that I was then linked to another NO LONGER REGISTERED User that only had 2 feedbacks and I was neither of these two feedbacks. Ebay will not give me a chance to clear my name and I am being falsely accused of being linked to these two users. This is unfair to me and unjustified. I have been a member since Sept, 2004 with 290 feedbacks and 100% positive ratings. I have talked to customer support and the Trust and Safety Dept and they will not give me back my selling priviledges due to their mistakes. If they were trying to protect their members why would they give a 13 year old an account. Goes to show how much they really investigate the claims and disputes of their honest members that work hard to keep their selling standards and accounts up to par. This has costed me alot of time and frustration trying to figure out who is linked to my account without my permission. I am the only one in my household besides my husband that has access to my Ebay account and Paypal account. I AM NOT LINKED TO NOBODY and I don't appreciate being shut down and accused, Justice will be done and believe you me I am definetly working on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2011 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay-Inc/San-Jose-California-95125/Ebay-Inc-Customer-Support-and-Trust-and-Safety-Dept-Ebay-Indefinetly-Restricted-My-Selli-719468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay, Inc

You are not alone

AUTHOR: LEENA - (U.S.A.)

Ebay is notorious for this kind of behavior. They also placed an indefinite restriction on my selling account, claiming they have financial information linking me to an account I have never heard of. It is also a bit suspicious that the sellers do not have the option of leaving negative feedback for buyers. HELLO! What if they don't pay? Are we supposed to give them a big thumbs up?