Complaint Review: Ebay/ Kijiji

• Submitted: Tue, May 12, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, May 12, 2009

• Reported By:INGLEWOOD California
Ebay/ Kijiji
242 Watson Rd 2752 Gaston Ave, Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Ebayebay/ Kijiji/Monica Davis/andrew Ploid kijiji/ ebay failed to refund my money... no motorcycle & no money in return total scam , Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Its not Ebay that is at fault

I was looking to buy a used motorcycle, I google it and kijiji.com appear as the one of the websites that had good bikes. I found one that I really liked a 2007 yamaha YZF-R1 for 2,900.00. I reply to the add & sure thing they reply back with the details... telling me that they wanted to register the transaction through e-bay. I reaceived a invoice from ebay with all the details such as shipping, fax number, addresses, ect... I had to make a money transfer to the so called "ebay agent" i sent the payment few ahours I reacived a confirmation from ebay n the seller, saying they had the payment n the sellers had shipped the bike. by the next day I had an e mail from ebay saying that they wanted an additional 1,300 dollars beacuse they had reserved a spot for the bike for a faster process for shipping. by than I figured something was wrong didn't make sence i refuse to pay so they told me that the bike was on hold until I made that payment. I email the seller telling her to cancel I didn't want the motorcycle she reply ok thats fine. by than I have reaceived no email, no comunication n most of all NO REFUND!

Makita90303
INGLEWOOD, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2009 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay-Kijiji/2752-Gaston-Ave-Dallas-Texas-75226/Ebayebay-KijijiMonica-Davisandrew-Ploid-kijiji-ebay-failed-to-refund-my-money-no-mo-451047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay/ Kijiji

Its not Ebay that is at fault

AUTHOR: Mrsz - (U.S.A.)

It would be the seller who ripped you off, not Ebay. You can contact Ebay with the details, and see what happens with them. It might not have been done with Ebay at all. What if they faked the confirmation #? Usually everything is done on the Ebay site, not the way you mentioned.