Complaint Review: Ebay - Paypal

• Updated: Thu, October 15, 2009

• Reported By: bittmtc8 — Glen Rock Pennsylvania USA
Ebay - Paypal
PayPal.com Internet United States of America

Ebay - Paypal PayPal PayPal, excessive limitations and reserves on my money, can't ship items due to not being able to access funds, rediculous Internet

I started selling on ebay in Aug. 2009, within a week they limited my account and wanted proof that i had the items i was selling. I provided them with receipts and invoices and the limitation was lifted.  A week later another limitation!  This time they wanted more receipts for items and tracking #'s for items i had shipped, so i complied.  Another week passes and another limitation wanting more of the same.  Then three days later my account was put under a full review.  They put a reserve hold on my account of $5000.00 + a 7% daily rolling reserve which holds 7% of all the sales coming in from ebay to paypal, I thought, ok, no problem, i can live with this.  Then just a day or two later they started holding every single payment that was coming in thru ebay and i had no access to any of my funds!  They keep telling me it is to protect me but instead they are ruining my business.  I cannot afford to ship all these items out of pocket but yet they want me to ship but will not release my funds.  Then 2 days ago ebay suspended my account due to the limitations on my paypal account and sent emails to all my buyers that they may have participated in a fraudulent purchase.  Now everyone is freaking out that they are not going to get their items and over 80 people have filed disputes or claims on my paypal account.  PayPal is a complete ripoff and as soon as they release my funds and all of this is squared away, i will never use them again for anything and i highly reccommend that if you plan on selling on ebay or anywhere else, find an alternate source for your payments!  They said they limited my account because my shipping time was slow so they are holding payments until they ship, well, how do they expect me to ship out items when they won't give me my money, I am fed up with ebay and paypal and will never deal with either one ever again, even if my life depended on it.  I honestly feel that what they have done to me boarders on the line of illegal as they are causing me financial loss, bordering on business closure and not to mention physical stress.  I am disabled and cannot drive and this was the one thing i could do from home to help out by supplimenting my husbands income and now they are ruining this for me!  If I new how to go about sueing them i would!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay-Paypal/internet/Ebay-Paypal-PayPal-PayPal-excessive-limitations-and-reserves-on-my-money-cant-ship-i-509704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay - Paypal