Complaint Review: Ebay Purchase Protection Department

• Submitted: Thu, August 11, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, August 12, 2011

• Reported By: Mary — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
Ebay Purchase Protection Department
625 Metropolitan Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30310 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Ebay Purchase Protection Department Selling a car using Ebay financing department Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: You Want Everybody To Know? Do YOU Know?

I was looking for cars for my daughter and found what I thought was a great deal. The person said she was overseas and I the car was ready to be shipped from Texas. I just needed to wire the money and she would ship it to me. The fact that she said that if I did not like the car I could get a full refund and it was protected by Ebay.
Well I fell for it and sent the money. Today I received another email from Ebay financial department requesting an additional $2k for insurance. This is when I knew it was a scam. I feel so stupid. I want them to pay for what they have done to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay-Purchase-Protection-Department/Atlanta-Georgia-30310/Ebay-Purchase-Protection-Department-Selling-a-car-using-Ebay-financing-department-Atlanta-763671. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay Purchase Protection Department

You Want Everybody To Know? Do YOU Know?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Have all the dealers closed up in Louisville? You sent your money off to somebody you don't know to buy a used car you don't even know exists! You were about to buy a car for your daughter...a car you've never seen, never test driven and never had your mechanic check out in advance for you. Why do you think these scam artists exist? Because they know fool well some fool will come along and ENABLE the scam. Never ever do something like this again. You paid the price for a lesson. Next time use common sense.

Buying a used car sight unseen on the internet is just plain stupid!