Complaint Review: Ebay customer service

• Updated: Tue, February 18, 2014

• Reported By: R. V. — Flagstaff Arizona
Ebay customer service
Internet USA

Ebay customer service No protection for sellers from scamming consumers Internet

I sold a new bottle of Eternity Aqua Calvin Klien Mens 3.4 once cologne to a customer on ebay.  This item was new and in prefect shape.

The cusomer filed a case against me after having this item for over a month.  He claimed it was wraped as a gift for this time and it was damaged, leaked and half the bottle was empty.

First of all, if this colonge leaked, even in a package, he would have smelled the colonge.  Second, the box that was  celophaned wrapped would have liquid stains and distortions.  When this item was returned, he either placed a half used bottle in its place or had used or taken half of the liquid.  The box was in mint shape.  I doubt the factory place a half of a bottle in thier factory sealed packaging.

I gave these finding to ebays customer support and they refunded my shipping of the bottle to him, the price of the item and his return shipping.  I lost money by trying to sell on ebay.

I called customer service, they agreed that I was being scammed and told me to appeal the case and my money should be rightfully returned.  I did as they instructed and they declined my appeal and upheld the original decision of the case.  I also lost about 20 hours of my time dealing with this issue. I will never sell nor purchase anything on ebay again.  They lost a great seller and buyer with a perfect rating over $35.10.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2014 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay-customer-service/internet/Ebay-customer-service-No-protection-for-sellers-from-scamming-consumers-Internet-1124600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay customer service