whereby

Complaint Review: Ebay

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 21, 2013

• Reported By: Catnip — Nashville Tennessee U.S.A.
Ebay

Ebay Feedback is rigged to keep seller feedback high Internet

*Consumer Comment: Disagree - Feedback rigged against seller

Ebay suspended my account and removed all feedback I left that was negative or neutral (not the positive feedback)!

When I called about it they said bad buyer behavior and other meaningless things. I have looked at all the buyer rules and have found nothing that I have done wrong and ebay cannot tell me anything like you lied or stole or anything!

The only thing I could have done was leave negative feedback for about 6 sellers out of  maybe 100 in a 12 month period. I broke no rules in the feedback I left and it was 100% true.

I have always wondered why ebay sellers always have high feedback compared with other seller sites. Now I know and I closed my account for good. I don't think I will miss the ebay headache and incompetence. They run a crooked site where sellers feedback is protected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 08:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebay/internet/Ebay-Feedback-is-rigged-to-keep-seller-feedback-high-Internet-999049. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay

Disagree - Feedback rigged against seller

AUTHOR: Turd Ferguson - (United States of America)

eBay only allows sellers to give buyers positive feedback, even if the person doesn't pay -- or buys with cheapest shipping option (10 day) and then complains when product doesn't arrive next day.

Any search of ebay feedback complaints will find that most people truly agree that feedback is rigged against the seller.

Your case seems to be a super rare example of ebay defending a seller or sellers.