- Report: #1016934
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ebay/PayPal
Ebay/PayPalInternet United States of America
Ebay/PayPal EBAY LIES AND PAYPAL SWEARS TO IT! VICE VERSA, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Please find a copy of 2 (two) Complaints EBay Inc. and PayPal Inc. I have spent 7 weeks and approximately 70 hours trying to resolve the issues with both companies (owned together) this is a monopoly if I have ever seen one.
1) If youre selling on eBay you can only do it through PayPal, no money orders, no checks, no bank checks, and no wire
transfers. EBay can randomly take money out of your PayPal account without notice and if you dont have enough in your PayPal account PayPal will take it from your personal checking account and forward the money to eBay. This is my case.
2) For no reason in November EBay put a hold on my PayPal funds for 30-40 days (money paid to me for item I sold on EBay)
3) In December I had a $455 I had no notice that the over $1200 in my PayPal account had a hold on it. (keeping in mind this is good money from eBay customers that paid with their own PayPal money)
4) January 14th I get a commendation letter from EBays
5) Please see bank statement ($455) was taken out of my personal checking account by PayPal to pay eBay causing check to bounce in my account. I contacted EBay they told me it was PayPal and I had a hold on my $1200+- balance in my PayPal acct. They could not tell me why, I told them that EBay/PayPal owes me 3 times the amount that I owe them. I told to to stop the transaction they refused (still having $1200) in my eBay/PayPal account. I got a supervisor on the phone at PayPal and he
told me to go to my bank and put a stop on the transaction and pay when incremental funds become available and as long as its paid by the 15th of the following month I would have no problem. That what I did. All went well until I made a $75 payment to eBay and notice that the $75 that was available came out of my account. They also helped themselves to $719 at the exact same time and date. (by the way these fund were on hold and not to be used) My balance after the $75.00 payment
was $97. Please see all the backup documentation. EBay agreed they made a mistake and would put the $719 back into my account. (Please see letter from the EBay agent Maggie sent to me on Jan 23rd 2013. The next day instead of putting the money back in they took it out again (leaving me with a negative balance of over <$650.00>) .
6) I had a $97 balance with eBay (see statements) On Jan 12th 2013 eBay withdrew $719 from my eBay account.
7) I was getting no place fast, I wrote to the BBB after a canned response (see response) eBay the closed my account. I have to lay off the help that I have because of eBay/PayPals arrogant monopoly. This is illegal, Theft, Fraud, extortion, price fixing, Monopoly, and an abuse to customers beyond (seller) belief.
8) I was speaking with an associate (supervisor) that made it clear We dont care about seller, as long as we have buyers someone will always be in line to sell to them
Please take the time to examine the documents,
especially PayPals statement that I will bet the best accounting firm in the country could not make sense of it.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 03:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EbayPayPal/internet/EbayPayPal-EBAY-LIES-AND-PAYPAL-SWEARS-TO-IT-VICE-VERSA-Internet-1016934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.