Complaint Review: Ebay/PayPal

• Updated: Wed, September 01, 2010

• Reported By: garys5959 — Sunrise Florida United States of America
Ebay/PayPal

Ebay/PayPal The Story Continues with Ebay/paypal Internet

*Consumer Comment: True, they have your money..

So as we move forward, I file a claim with the bank for the $2300 Ebay took from my account and they stopped the payment, so what does Ebay do, they take another $1300 from the account leaving me a balance of -$1200, because the original claim is still pending. I checked my paypal account to see what was up and the account says that I own $565.00 for fee and services. No problem. But they said that I have to bring my account up-to-date before they can reactivate my account. We thats going to be pretty hard since they took all the money out of my account when I only owe them $565.00. The bank informed me that you should never, ever, never give your bank routing number and account number to anyone, period. No matter who they are. I understand that buyers need to cafeful of on-line retailers, but it works both ways. Using a selling site like ebay who is linked directly to paypal is a bad situation, because they control every aspect of the transaction, where all of the you recourses are limited. As a private company they can do whatever they like on both sides of the equation. Buyers and Seller beware!

They can give you all the bull they want, but at the end of the day......they have your money.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 05:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EbayPayPal/internet/EbayPayPal-The-Story-Continues-with-Ebaypaypal-Internet-635939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebay/PayPal

True, they have your money..

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

..But only on hold for a length of time until the matter is investigated.

You see the problem is not about ebay or Paypal trying to hold your money to earn interest, or for a way to profit, but due to so many scams and dishonest sellers (and buyers as well), they really have a tough position.

I mean who wants the job of mediating between a buyer who claims they were ripped off..and a seller who claims they were ripped off..and your job is primarily to protect online transactions?

Do you have any suggestions of a better way that can EQUALLY protect the buyers, sellers and ebay/paypal?

Just for the record, ebay purchased PayPal quite a few years ago so yes, it is correct to state they are one in the same.