Complaint Review: Ebillit

• Submitted: Sat, July 16, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, July 17, 2005

• Reported By:Oakland California
Ebillit
http://www.ebillit.net/ San Jose, California U.S.A.

Ebillit Ebillit?! What is it?! Ripoff Why did it show up on my phone bill?? Not paying $46 if I have never purchased it online! San Jose California

*Consumer Suggestion: It might be AOL

I just got my phone bill from SBC today and normally the charges for me range from $11-$14. But not this time. The total charge on this one says, $46.72!
I see eBillit under plans and services. I have no idea what that was. I remember very well that I never ordered eBillit or even heard of it before. So i do not know how it got there on my bill. Why should I pay for this?!

Emily
Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2005 11:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ebillit/San-Jose-California/Ebillit-Ebillit-What-is-it-Ripoff-Why-did-it-show-up-on-my-phone-bill-Not-paying-46-150048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ebillit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

It might be AOL

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Call number that is listed (hopefully) next to Ebillit on your phone bill. Chances are it may be America Online (AOL). You will need to contact them and tell them to stop the charges and/or dispute them. I wouldn't be surprised if they jerk you around. I suggest calling SBC and dispute the charges too. While you are on the phone with SBC ask them to place a restriction on third party charges. Hopefully it helps.

Keep us posted on your results. Good luck