• Report: #820873

• Updated: Tue, January 10, 2012

• Reported By: Cody — Columbia South Carolina United States of America
Ecampus
2415 Palumbo Drive Lexington Kentucky, Kentucky United States of America

Ecampus Follett Corporation/text Book Now A return label came with customer service order report on Ecampus letterhead when book was rented return address was 2233 West St. River Grove IL. Lexington Kentucky, Kentucky

I ordered a book from ECampus for the 2011 Fall Semester. The cost of the book for purchase was $85.00, due to cost I chose to rent the book for a total of $46.12, on my statement it shows the transaction took place August 16, 2011... I did receive the book with no problem.

Not long after my first semester was over I took the return label that came with the book to the post office to mail the book before deadline. The postmaster helped me bubble wrap the book for protection and put the return label that came with the book on the package for return. I insured the book and received a US Postal tracking number 03110820000090076168, (the return label came with the book and  Ecampus Customer Service Order sheet, Ecampus was on the letterhead of the Customer Service Order.) The book was mailed on December 22, 2010 and delivered to the to the address on the return label December 27, 2011 at 8:27am.

I thought no more about the book return as I had done what I was suppose to do. I soon got my bank statement and when reviewing it I saw where ECampus had taken and additional $98.89 from my account... I was completely shocked!

When I called ECampus to question the additional charge of $98.89  they told me they never received the book, I told them I had received confirmation that it had been delivered. The address on the label was for Ecampus 2233 West Street  River Grove, IL 60171, they told me it was not the correct address and for that reason it wasn't their problem. I questioned her about the label that was included with the book when it came to me, she evaded the question and told me the contract  tells customers where to send the book. It was never discussed when I placed the order. Why was there a return label in with the book with their letterhead when I received it? Again... the question was evaded!

When I looked up ECampus 2233 West St. River Grove, IL 60171 on the internet it came up as Follett Corporation. I called the number and talked to a female named Michelle she told me the company name had changed to 'Text Book Now' which I understand there may have been a split between ECampus and Follett Corporation. Michelle checked the tracking number on the US Postal site and agreed they had received it. She told me she would have to get in touch with the warehouse to arrange for the book to be mailed back to me. She told me she would contact me via email... I have yet to hear from her. I am on a wild goose chase with very unprofessional people!

ECampus has said, 'they are not going to except the book even if I get it back from Follett/TextBookNow and send it to them, plus, the rental price of the book was $46.12 if I would have purchased the book for the full price it would have been $85.00.  They charged my account on December 31, 2011 for an ADDITIONAL $98.89 (which was on my statement January 03, 2012.) They are so crooked... charging me a total of $145.01 more than the book would have been at full purchase.

I will not recommend ECampus to anyone and will send out warnings to all colleges to warn their students about their scam. I am contacting the BBB, I have all the proof available for action against Ecampus unless we are reimbursed the unauthorized amount of $98.89 they took from my account!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2012 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampus/Lexington-Kentucky-Kentucky-40509/Ecampus-Follett-Corporationtext-Book-Now-A-return-label-came-with-customer-service-order-820873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus