Complaint Review: Ecampus

• Reported By:Columbus Ohio
Ecampus
www.ecampus.com Nationwide U.S.A.

ECampus Consumer Affairs Online Internet Company Internet

On Saturday September 8, 2007, I placed an order for a textbook with ecampus.com, totaling $58. After submitting the order, I received an email stating that my card failed authorization and resulting, my order would have to be cancelled.

After reading this email, I check my credit card statement. However, despite the fact that the "failed authorization" was not sufficient enough to continue with my order, moreover, they did have enough authorization to take my money and keep the book.

I have sent at least seven emails since Saturday in the hopes of being able to converse with a representative. So far my efforts have been in vain. Classes begin in eight days and in the mean time I am still without a book and without my money.

I have been ordering books offline for the past year, and this is the first time I have ever encountered something of this nature. Being in college is extremely expensive, and as college students, when we see an area where we can save a little money, we take that opportunity. It is unfortunate that there are companies who prey on this fact, and take advantage of us.

I am not sure of everyone's experience with ecampus.com, however, please proceed with caution.

Patreisha
Columbus, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampus/nationwide/ECampus-Consumer-Affairs-Online-Internet-Company-Internet-273815. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus