Complaint Review: Ecampus.com

• Submitted: Wed, March 26, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, March 26, 2008

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Ecampus.com
2415 Palumbo Drive Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Ecampus.com Give Fake tracking numbers so you can't find you book Lexington Kentucky

On 3/11/08 I purchased an accounting text book from ecampus.com. The website stated that it was in stock and when it shipped it would be 2-3 day mail. I received a confirmation email that stated my book would ship on 3/17/08 and would arrive at my house no later than 3/20/08. I received another confirmation email on 3/17/08 stating that my book had shipped and they gave me a USPS tracking number. They said if my book did not arrive by 3/20/08 I should contact them.

On 3/20/08 my book was not delivered, so I went to the USPS tracking site and found that there was no record of my trackng number. I contacted ecampus.com and was told that the USPS doesn't always scan tracking numbers and this would in no way delay my package. I replied that my package was already late and was told that that was the USPS fault and I should take it up with them. I contacted the USPS and they told me that the number ecampus.com gave me was not a tracking number, but was a receipt number.

I also noticed that there were complaints about ecampus.com doing this in the past and that students were receiving their books many months after they ordered them and they no longer needed them. They were charged a restocking fee and their refunds were delayed for months. Some students even received the wrong book.

At this time I filed a Mail Fraud complaint with the USPS because it appears that ecampus.com sells books that they do not have in stock (even though they say they do) and gives fake tracking numbers so students can see that the book never really shipped. In the meantime ecampus.com takes the students money and refuses to produce the book or a refund. It is disgusting how a company can get away with stealing money from poor college students.

Susan r.
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2008 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampuscom/Lexington-Kentucky-40509/Ecampuscom-Give-Fake-tracking-numbers-so-you-cant-find-you-book-Lexington-Kentucky-321240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus.com