Complaint Review: Ecampus.com

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
Ecampus.com
www.ecampus.com Internet U.S.A.

Ecampus.com Horrible, scheming business Internet

I purchased a book from Ecampus.com off of Amazon.com. I use Amazon regularly and have never had a problem. I purchased this book about 6 months ago (or more) and I just noticed a charge from "Great Fun" (ecampus.com)on my checking acct. statement (linked to my debit card).

They charged me $129.99 for a membership to ecampus.com!! I never consented to this, and when I called them to dispute the charge they said that they took my non-response as "positive feedback". Crazy! Apparently, they sent me a "membership packet" after I purchased the book (I never received one) and when I didn't call to cancel my membership, which was never instated with my permission, they charged me for it! How is this even allowed?

Be careful who you buy from on Amazon.com, you should be fine with anyone besides Ecampus.com!!

Alie
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2009 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ecampuscom/internet/Ecampuscom-Horrible-scheming-business-Internet-465286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ecampus.com